Smoke coming back through pellet box

frasdan

Reaction score
Have a new KC platinum. After turning it off fa still runs, but its start smoking back through feed tube and into pellet storage box.
Cleaned out fire box, but still does it. Have two other pit boss pellet smokers and haven't had this problem

anyone else having this issue? even on smoke setting i get like no smoke and when i do later in the cook it coming out through pellets

I just got this for my BDAY and I have the same issue!!!! And the fan was on once I turned it off I know it supposed to stay on few minutes but it was on for over 30 minutes!!!! It seems like the pellets in the auger are catching on fire or something! It’s so frustrating and I got it because I thought this be perfect for me despite the HIGH PRICE!!!!!

You can leave them a voicemail and they should call back - they called me back within an hour when I had an issue. They also respond to emails.

I'm getting smoke from my pellet box as well. I'm new to pellet grills so I was'nt sure if this was normal or not.

Bought mine 2 days ago. Started it up, and the smoke was coming from the Hopper and then it quit completely. Then the Digital P readout disappeared off the Screen. Has not come back on. The Digital Readout for the fire shows 134 Degrees. The Temperature on the lid shows 152 Degrees. This thing sucks.

Have a new KC platinum. After turning it off fa still runs, but its start smoking back through feed tube and into pellet storage box.
Cleaned out fire box, but still does it. Have two other pit boss pellet smokers and haven't had this problem
I am having the exact same issue, have used for about 6 cooks and today was the first time. Planning on cleaning it thoroughly tomorrow. Have you received any other information in the issue?

• Angry
Reactions: RCS
I am having the exact same issue, have used for about 6 cooks and today was the first time. Planning on cleaning it thoroughly tomorrow. Have you received any other information in the issue?
Same here.

Looks like any cook over a couple hours, the ash builds up instead of going through the grate on botyom and that caused the pellets to start burning in the auger..

Hey guys
I have had this problem before and the type pellets u use makes a big difference. A lot of brands seem to have a lot of saw dust in the bag and what happens is the saw dust catches on fire in the auger tube and comes back out the hopper. I bought a 1/4 mess sifter through amazon and started sifting all my pellets into a 5 gallon bucket and then dumping them into the hopper. Clean pellets no smoke!!

Latest Discussions

Back