Setting to Smoke Mode when turning on

flomas67

Reaction score
Noob here, I'm not seeing or understanding when it says set to Smoke mode when turning on. is it me or am I missing something? I don't see anywhere for it to be Set To Smoke Mode.

Thanks!

Flomas

Noob here, I'm not seeing or understanding when it says set to Smoke mode when turning on. is it me or am I missing something? I don't see anywhere for it to be Set To Smoke Mode.

Thanks!

Flomas
What model do you have? If you have a model with a PID display it should have an S on the screen when you turn it on. The S stands for smoke. I'm not familiar with any models that have a nonPID controller. If that's what you have maybe someone can help you. Good luck.

I am not familiar with the Lockhart platinum so I googled it. That smoker does have a PID controller so when you turn it on it should display an S so you should be in smoke mode. I just found this video from Ash Kickin' BBQ, He is smoking ribs on the Lockhart platinum and he mentions that is in smoke mode when he turned the power button on

I am not familiar with the Lockhart platinum so I googled it. That smoker does have a PID controller so when you turn it on it should display an S so you should be in smoke mode. I just found this video from Ash Kickin' BBQ, He is smoking ribs on the Lockhart platinum and he mentions that is in smoke mode when he turned the power button on

Awesome, that was easy enough.... I just got this two days ago, did first burn. going to get smok'n this weekend...

Awesome, that was easy enough.... I just got this two days ago, did first burn. going to get smok'n this weekend...
Enjoy your Lockhart and welcome to the forum!

The Lockhart fires up in "S" mode. Unfortunately, it looks like a "5"...a little confusing for 1st timers. BTW, for higher temps, set the control to 350 or higher AFTER you fire up in "S". It really kicks up the fan speed and auger frequency. Then set it to desired temp.

I think we did good, everyone loved the brisket and the ribs!! I should have pulled the ribs a little sooner the brown sugar and BBQ sauce got a little darker than I wanted, over all I would say success for my first try.

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 76

Thanks!

Flomas
I just received my brand new PitBoss Platinum Brunswick. I already did my “burn off” to remove any manufacturers oils. When you first power the smoker on (and have your dial turned all the way to the left) your supposed to see an “S”. I never had seen that. All mine read was 150F. When I called PitBoss they told me that is what the temp starts out with when set to “(S)moke”. They said they will send me a brand new controller but it’s not broken it just reads 150F. Leave it set to that with the DOORS OPEN (Very Important) for 10 minutes THEN close and set to desired temp

Thanks!
I have the same one, when you power it up the S is displayed. This is smoke setting, leave it there until the fire box is lit. Then set it to what waver temp you need. There is not much smoke in any setting, I use a smoke tube when smoking meats.

Not sure if this needs to go in a different thread. Does anyone use the S mode to smoke, if so. what is the expected temp when just running in Smoke Mode on the Platinum.
Couldn't find much info on this.

Thanks!

Not sure if this needs to go in a different thread. Does anyone use the S mode to smoke, if so. what is the expected temp when just running in Smoke Mode on the Platinum.
Couldn't find much info on this.

Thanks!
150F you could leave it on there the whole time theoretically. From what I know, at this setting the most smoke is produced

Latest Discussions

Back