Setting to Smoke Mode when turning on

Hello, are you using an external thermometer or is it the display on your smoker? If its the display on your pitboss then that seems to be about right, even though it says 225 it's probably actually running around 180. As for the light smoke, that's what you want. You don't want that heavy white smoke. Good luck with your cook, be sure to post pics and let us know how it turns out.
Using the display on the controller which varied some but generally stayed in the 225/230 ballpark. Haven't had a chance to check accuracy. My meat probe seems reasonably accurate when checked with an instant read thermometer.

If you have a constant 150 degrees you arent going to get your meat temp above that. Chicken, brisket, whatever. You cant cook at 150 guys. You want more smoke? Get an auxiliary smoke tube, tray, whatever. Or ditch the pellet cooker altogether and get another type smoker.

Wait...now I'm confused. Is the 150 deg they are talking about the meat temp or the chamber temp?
As the previous poster said the meat temp is not going to ever exceed the ambient temp of the smoker.

For a turkey - do what I do... Put it on smoke mode for 90 min or 2 hours. After that crank it turn it up to 250 (or whatever) to get it done.
When you put it on smoke mode for 90 min to 2 hours...is that hot enough to not get in the danger zone with the meat temp?

self delete ...wrong section ........oooops

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back