Series 4 Door Adjustment

jcoleman66

Reaction score
Good Day!!

is there a way to adjust the door on the series 4 vertical smoker? Mine seems to be a bit off kilter. Also has anyone replace the gasket? The one installed seems a but small but again it could be the door being off a bit. This is a brand new smoker.

I have attached a pic that shows the right side lower than the left at the top. I have a support case, but as of yet no answer.

Thanks!

20201013_163219.jpg

Mine is the same way but not quite as off as that. It hasn't been an issue for me so I left it alone. I get a good seal on the door when the latch is closed and have never had any problems.

Mine is the same way but not quite as off as that. It hasn't been an issue for me so I left it alone. I get a good seal on the door when the latch is closed and have never had any problems.
Yeah, it isn't bad just a little smoke leakage.

Was able to get it adjusted. To raise the right corner up I put a shim under the body-side lower hinge. Don't laugh at the shim, LOL Might try to find a better one or just paint this one with high temp paint and call it a day. The first pic attached is before.

20201013_163219.jpg20201014_163255.jpg20201014_163307.jpg20201014_163553.jpg

Nice going! I might have to try this because mine does the same thing. I think I have one of those handy wrenches somewhere! As I said before, mine isn't that bad but it is something I noticed every time I cook.

Did you just loosen the screws and slide it underneath?

Nice going! I might have to try this because mine does the same thing. I think I have one of those handy wrenches somewhere! As I said before, mine isn't that bad but it is something I noticed every time I cook.

Did you just loosen the screws and slide it underneath?
Yeah what concerned me more than anything was heat loss.. If you see smoke leaking then heat is too. The wrench is one of those you get with furniture and is ~1/8" thick.

Have you used a heat/welding blanket on the cabinet? Doesn't seem like there is much insulation in the walls. Probably not needed just curious.

Never needed a blanket on my vertical Copperhead or my Pit Boss grill... But this is Florida and while it does get chilly in Jan I have never needed anything to keep heat in.

Any idea to fix this would a legit method? A washer or something?

Hi Dan. Just bought one today and the door doesn’t close evenly, leaving a gap on the lower right side. I’m messing around with the hinges and may try a gasket like you have. You mentioned adjusting the latch. How exactly do you adjust the latch? I can’t seem to figure that out. Each side just has two screws and no obvious adjustment. The manual also mentioned adjusting the latch but doesn’t say how. (Yes I must be obtuse lol). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Dan. Just bought one today and the door doesn’t close evenly, leaving a gap on the lower right side. I’m messing around with the hinges and may try a gasket like you have. You mentioned adjusting the latch. How exactly do you adjust the latch? I can’t seem to figure that out. Each side just has two screws and no obvious adjustment. The manual also mentioned adjusting the latch but doesn’t say how. (Yes I must be obtuse lol). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I’ll have to go out and look but if I recall correctly just loosening the 2 screws and there was some play you can move it and then tight it.

You actually reminded me to call pitboss because my latch mechanism has become very loose and doesn’t close the smoker tighter. Almost like the inside gear or something is stripped. It still works, but it doesn’t latch right like it used too. I’d imagine the extra gasket I put probably caused a bit more stress on it.

Latest Discussions

Back