Sealant suggestions. Pb150 crap seal job

Reaction score
Hello. Just got my third pit boss. It’s a PB150PPS.

Need help with finding a seaant to use in order to seal the auger box to the hopper box.

One side isn’t sealed at all, other two have about 50-70% cracked/not sealed areas.
I’ve seen videos with smoke going back into the hopper and I want to help prevent that.

Anybody have any sealant recommendations??

Copper high heat RTV is my magic glue for grills.

Auto part stores or amazon

Should’ve tried to seal it.

5007461A-68F8-4738-BEA1-406C614B4372.jpeg

This is how it looks. Am looking into changing the feet with threaded rod and a base, so I don't have to use the 2x4

1631648962639.png

I’m not sure if that block makes sense to me?
Seems like i would want the right side lifted. In order to prevent smoke from going back into the auger tube.

I’m not sure if that block makes sense to me?
Seems like i would want the right side lifted. In order to prevent smoke from going back into the auger tube.
No....regretfully that is the opposite thing you want to do....because the issue is that whoever designed the Burn Pot did not make it deep enough.....so if the smoker is not adjusted to allow the pellets to roll from right to left when they drop out of the auger, then they will fall right on top the igniter....which is normally not an issue....unless they build up just a little bit due to the shallow pot. So if they build up and then they re-ignite....the fire will ignite the pellets at the end of the auger....which raises the temperature....which stops the auger....which allows them to "burn back" into the auger. If left to itself.....it can burn all the way back up into the pellet hopper....which is really bad. So it is SUPER important to clean the ash out after every cook on this portable smoker.

So there are two main solutions that do the same thing:
1. Deeper burn pot....keeps the burning pellets from the auger.
2. Tilt the smoker from Right to Left..... keeps the burning pellets from the auger.
Bonus solution: the latest burn pot design from another company uses small metal bars, instead of a solid bottom...with a small removable tray to catch the ash that falls....so no build up occurs.

I went with the cheaper solution for now.....with the 2x4....and I have not has a single instance of burn back.....but it happened to me 3 times before.

Latest Discussions

Back