Savannah Stoker on Pro Series 4 V2

rpd762

Reaction score
Has anyone here swapped out the controller on the pro series 4 v2? The controller isn't as responsive as I would like and I am considering the savannah stoker but don't know if it would mount properly.

GeekChef

Reaction score
Has anyone here swapped out the controller on the pro series 4 v2? The controller isn't as responsive as I would like and I am considering the savannah stoker but don't know if it would mount properly.
I installed a Rec Tec Smart PID controller.... the best upgrade ever. Is amazing....!! This makes it the best vertical smoker on the market for the money.....as the mechanical side is built like a tank.!

GOOD
-- Heats up to 350 degs in 18 mins.
-- Control stays right on the setpoint.
-- Has a main Probe temperature Offset....so you can make the temperature measurement equal to the grate temperature.
-- Wifi works amazingly.....stays connected anywhere.

BAD
-- You have to know someone that has a Rec-Tec to buy one. I had one, so I had bought a spare that I used.

I Installed the Rec-Tec Controller with the same Molex connectors as the Pit Boss.....so I can quickly swap back and forth when they update their Pit Boss controller hardware/software. Am hoping that my Pit Boss controller "breaks" around the time that they issue the version 2 of their controller that is supposed to be coming out in the next few months...last time I checked.

If you get your hands on a Rec-Tec controller...let me know and I will help you get it installed.

Steve

Attachments

• Rec Tec Wiring.jpg
    Rec Tec Wiring.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 30
  • RecTec analog at 350degs.jpg
    RecTec analog at 350degs.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 31
  • RecTec at 350degs.jpg
    RecTec at 350degs.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 30
  • RecTec Painted 3.jpg
    RecTec Painted 3.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 33
  • RecTec Wired.jpeg
    RecTec Wired.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 32

rpd762

Reaction score
Thanks! I don't know anyone with a recteq but will see if I can find a spare online somewhere.

Latest Discussions