Salty ribs

ANT0407

Reaction score
So I got 2 racks of spare ribs at Walmart(Tyson brand). I trimmed them up into St. Louis cut and prepared them the same as always have, 321 using Kosmos q honey killer bee for a rub and the same sauce I always use. They were extremely salty and they never have been before. Is it possible that some kind of salty solution was used when the were packaged? Has anyone ever encountered this before? I was so disappointed!

Yes, most pork is packed this way. Usually the label will say some sort of enhancing solution for preservation. It's one of the reasons I stopped injecting butts. When I can afford it I usually get my ribs from Publix.

Yes, most pork is packed this way. Usually the label will say some sort of enhancing solution for preservation. It's one of the reasons I stopped injecting butts. When I can afford it I usually get my ribs from Publix.
Thanks, I'll look for it on the packaging going forward.

I use mostly ribs from Sam's club and bj's I like the cut of Sam's club better but have never had salty issues even with Walmart or giant food brands

Latest Discussions

Back