Ribs

Cowboy1955

Staff member
Reaction score
Smoked some country style pork ribs this mornin for supper tonight before it gets to hot today. 😊🇺🇸🇺🇸
6D1EB90B-D133-4013-A84C-B0546FD6B0EA.jpeg

I did some couple weeks ago along with some chops and missed the cook. IMO Had the flavor I went for but the texture I got was more like cured ham. Wife thought the were kinda dry. Potato potatoe. LoL
Low n slow will never fail ya

145 for spare ribs? How was the fat rendered down by that temp? They're not like a loin or chop. What am I missing here? I've always smoked/cooked them like baby backs.

Country style spareribs I do like Cowboy1955 when grilling them, nothing worse than overcooking them and they'll be dry as the sun.
We pick out some rather nice one's and if there is too much fat, I trim it off before grilling them. Butchers can hide the worst parts from you.

145 for spare ribs? How was the fat rendered down by that temp? They're not like a loin or chop. What am I missing here? I've always smoked/cooked them like baby backs.
Boneless country-style ribs aren't spare ribs. That name is a catch-all for several cuts of pork that are usually cut from where the pork loin and the shoulder meet. Cook them like pork chops, not like ribs.

If you cook them like a butt or like spareribs (or other "real" ribs). they will be terribly overdone. Definitely not a cut for 3-2-1.

We experimented with them for a while. Smoked very low in the vertical smoker, then quick finished on a grill to crisp them up (same way we do pork chops).

Also, if you are getting a dry "hammy" result, try cutting back on the salt.

Latest Discussions

Back