Replaced all wiring on pitboss Memphis 4 and 1

I don't know how to get this to the Memphis grill section. Here is valuable information for anyone with the Memphis 4 in 1. Red white and blue wire from the quick connect goes up to the analog controller red goes to the right side of the analog Box and blue goes to the left side. This is with the analog controller already mounted on the grill and the finger pointing towards you. The blue wire has a tail. the short blue wire goes on the light bulb, the white wire goes on the light bulb and acts as a neutral. So 120 V goes up the red wire through the controller then when you power the knob on, the 120vac comes back down the blue wire and goes to the element. The white wire that goes through the light bulb also goes down under the grill and connect to a double white tail. So the element will have a white wire which is neutral, and the blue wire which is the 120vac returning from the controller Box. But as I have discovered, pitboss sent me the wrong harness. When I compare the 2 quick connect ends there's 2 round and 1square. Problem is the blue wire coming down from the controller enters the quick connect on one end but the matching wire on the quick connect that goes under the grill to the wall outlet is white. the blue wire supposed to match up that's why I'm not getting any power to the element. So I am cutting off the quick connect on both ends and just using connectors to match the colors backup. See photo

Attachments

• 20211024_125326.jpg
    20211024_125326.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20211024_125010.jpg
    20211024_125010.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 50
I use a 25 foot ext. cord, 12 GA wire and never had a problem, even use my heat gun on high to start up the smoke tube with the grill running.

I use a 16/3 40 foot extention cord, I have no issues with my PBV4PS2. With the ignitor on, fan running with the augur I don't think it'll go over 10 amps. Ignitor goes off 1-2 amp draw maybe?

Here is correct way to rewire memphis 4 in 1 if you ever have to replace controller due to a fire or whatever...Blue wire and white wire go on element. Does not matter which spade gets which color on element. 120vac goes in on red, when you switch on, 120 goes out blue and down to element. White goes from bulb down to element.

Attachments

• 20211024_111224.jpg
    20211024_111224.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 71
and that still does not explain the 2nd I turned the power knob the light did not come on indicating power
I use about a 10 ft. extension cord on my PB 820 grill just to keep it and the smoke further from house. Did you take a picture or note which wires were removed before replaced? It sounds like it’s shorting or maybe wires are backward. Not sure if you can tell but same color wires should be connected together. Sorry - sounds like a mess! 😖

I use about a 10 ft. extension cord on my PB 820 grill just to keep it and the smoke further from house. Did you take a picture or note which wires were removed before replaced? It sounds like it’s shorting or maybe wires are backward. Not sure if you can tell but same color wires should be connected together. Sorry - sounds like a mess! 😖
I appreciate your response it's all fixed and back working order.. There was no way to reference the wires and their location from the factory because it was all burned and melted.. But I use my multimeter and a little electrical knowledge to figure out how the analog control the work and what the red and blue wire does. I cut the quick connects off the harness that they sent me because they were the wrong harness and straightwired using spade connectors and everything seems to be working

What was their reason why nothing over 9’? I have to use a extension cord but I really have no choice. Just curious what pit boss said.
That sounds like kind of a random answer since most extension cords are in standard lengths, and I don’t think 9’ is one of them! 😊

I appreciate your response it's all fixed and back working order.. There was no way to reference the wires and their location from the factory because it was all burned and melted.. But I use my multimeter and a little electrical knowledge to figure out how the analog control the work and what the red and blue wire does. I cut the quick connects off the harness that they sent me because they were the wrong harness and straightwired using spade connectors and everything seems to be working
Thanks! I’m glad you’re back up & running!

That sounds like kind of a random answer since most extension cords are in standard lengths, and I don’t think 9’ is one of them! 😊
I bought an "appliance extension cord" once that was 9'. Thought it was odd at the time, but it looks completely different. The cord is flat and wide rather than round and compact. I wonder if that is what they were referring to. I think it might have been rated for up to 20 amps, but it may have just been 15.

after having great customer service experience with pit boss, I have my element my analog controller and my new wiring harness. They told me it doesn't matter where you connect the wires as far as the analog spades and the element spades. Well I went with that and plugged it in and my breaker tripped in 20 seconds and my extension cord was hot. anyone else replace the analog controller and element on their Memphis grill that could tell me what position the colored wires go on the controller and the light as well as the white wire and blue wire that plug into the element? Maybe a Memphis owner could take the tray off the bottom of the grill and take a peek at the 2 wires running to the element and just post which wire was on the right hand element spade if you're standing behind the grill the blue or the white.
Ive yet not to find what I was looking for by you tub or googling.it .might be worth a shot

Latest Discussions

Back