Replaced all wiring on pitboss Memphis 4 and 1

Smoke45

Reaction score
after having great customer service experience with pit boss, I have my element my analog controller and my new wiring harness. They told me it doesn't matter where you connect the wires as far as the analog spades and the element spades. Well I went with that and plugged it in and my breaker tripped in 20 seconds and my extension cord was hot. anyone else replace the analog controller and element on their Memphis grill that could tell me what position the colored wires go on the controller and the light as well as the white wire and blue wire that plug into the element? Maybe a Memphis owner could take the tray off the bottom of the grill and take a peek at the 2 wires running to the element and just post which wire was on the right hand element spade if you're standing behind the grill the blue or the white.

How long and what gauge is the extension cord? That might be the problem as it is not recommended to use an extension cord with a pellet grill.

And how exactly do you propose I plug in the Memphis grill when the power cord that comes out of the back is approximately 2" long

and that still does not explain the 2nd I turned the power knob the light did not come on indicating power

2 inch cord? Wow, had no idea they were that short. When I got my copperhead vertical I called them after I got it unboxed and asked about an extension cord and they said nothing over 9 feet.

Time to call customer service again and check if the wiring is backwards. Did you check the fuse first?

2 inch cord? Wow, had no idea they were that short. When I got my copperhead vertical I called them after I got it unboxed and asked about an extension cord and they said nothing over 9 feet.
What was their reason why nothing over 9’? I have to use a extension cord but I really have no choice. Just curious what pit boss said.

It might cause it to go out. Like a power surge I guess. Which would cause a flame out.

Time to call customer service again and check if the wiring is backwards. Did you check the fuse first?
Appreciate the response ..there is no fuse and they were no help whatsoever in the wiring. They basically said the factory assembles the units puts them in the Box and distribute them. I asked could I call the factory or send an email so someone on the assembly line could answer the question what color wire goes where on the analog controller and element and they said no. They sent me PDF manual on how to change the analog controller but it's in black-and-white and it mentions nothing about putting any particular wire in any particular place just how to disassemble the face to get to it.. If so I will have go with trial-and-error

20211022_172832.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back