Rec-Tec controller

rob2421

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck purchasing just a WIFI controller from Rec-Tec recently?

Rec-Tec only sells controllers now to Rec-Tec registered owners. It is a shame it was a decent controller to use on a Pit Boss.

SmokeDaddy.com has a WiFi controller.

Rec-Tec only sells controllers now to Rec-Tec registered owners. It is a shame it was a decent controller to use on a Pit Boss.

SmokeDaddy.com has a WiFi controller.
Yea I saw that one, doesn't look like it would fit in my 1100 pro

No, I don't have one. I think Dave has this controller maybe he will chime in.

No, I don't have one. I think Dave has this controller maybe he will chime in.
This one is on my list to buy in the next month as I damaged my Rec-Tec controller. I had the Savannah Stoker which to me is the best aftermarket controller I have tried, but it does not have WiFi.

I will be putting the Smoke Daddy to the test and I am going to get the one without WiFi as I do not need it. You cannot go wrong with either one, but if you can go without the WiFi I would go with the Savannah Stoker.

Either way you will have to modify the hopper box and what is cosmetic as long as the grill works like a champ on which it will.

I have that one on my PB Austin XL, but when I upgraded last year, I bought the complete Pellet Hopper/PID Controller assembly upgrade, so I didn’t have to modify anything like mounting the controller. The mounting mod looks super simple though. As far as temp control, it’s way better then the original controller that came with the Austin XL, but that one was a non PID Controller. PID or Non PID, Pellet grills are still burning wood pellets, so it’s not going to be the same as using an oven in your kitchen, but it can be pretty close. SmokeDaddy has the new Patriot WiFi PID Controller available now. I’ll post the link to it below... SmokeDaddy is a family owned company and are super great to work with. If you have any questions before you place your order, just give them a call. They’ll be happy to answer all your questions. Dennis is the owner and he’ll stand behind everything they sell 100%.
View attachment 595

Good luck with your decision.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... In SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

So I decided to do the same thing you did due to my hopper was completely cut up and modified. I may have to reach out to you on some suggestions on the controller. I did not get the WiFi version.

Latest Discussions

Back