Question about flipping meat

leolaquitzon

Reaction score
When you flip meat on the grill, do you just flip the meat and leave it or do you flip the meat, then adjust it or tap it with your tongs or other utensil?

Other than to be sure it is spaced from other cooking items but no real pressing or anything. Not like a cross hatch or anything or pressing but you can if you like

You mean... Like... For good luck or something?!?
While smoking I rarely turn meat. If I t s a short cook under 3 hrs I turn food often but multi hr cooks I never move it till it needs to be wrapped 😋 chicken gets turned once during a cook at least legs wings and thighs do whole chickens not often

When grilling I flip it to another hot spot to seer it. When smoking meat I place it to the left and place my smoke tube beside it
Hopefully this helps you
Roll that smoke 💨 🇺🇸🇺🇸!!

We sell the smoke tubes here but they are expensive! I am going to fire up my smoker Sunday and do the biscuit test. I had a piece of thick aluminum plate that I made a heat diffuser out of and I want to test it out and I also am working on a set of wheels for the front which hopefully I will finish tonight. These things are heavy unless you take all the guts out. I dont know why they didnt put wheels on the 850 sportsman. As far as tapping I push with my finger to test the done ness of the meat. I would get an instant read thermometer to get it right.

We sell the smoke tubes here but they are expensive! I am going to fire up my smoker Sunday and do the biscuit test. I had a piece of thick aluminum plate that I made a heat diffuser out of and I want to test it out and I also am working on a set of wheels for the front which hopefully I will finish tonight. These things are heavy unless you take all the guts out. I dont know why they didnt put wheels on the 850 sportsman. As far as tapping I push with my finger to test the done ness of the meat. I would get an instant read thermometer to get it right.
You can always put four large caster wheels on it

it has the large wheels in the back so I made a frame that goes over the front legs and the wheels are only1/4" taller than when it is sitting on the ground plus they lock and also I am cheap so these are items I had laying around the house. :) I will post a pic when done

Latest Discussions

Back