Puttin in work

panzon3

Reaction score
Time to put in the work. Using my own blend of rub. Coarse black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne. Also using B B Post Oak pellets with a smoke tube

8EC236F0-9115-4313-A7FB-01EEC5834452.jpeg
64EEC2DD-DED5-49AD-BDE9-D005D8F645A0.jpeg

Looks good, let us know how it turns out. haven't made my own rub yet, I have about 50 bottles of different rubs right now and need to use those up.

Looks good, let us know how it turns out. haven't made my own rub yet, I have about 50 bottles of different rubs right now and need to use those up.

most definitely.... I have used my own rub last time and it was awesome. It’s nothing special just basic seasonings. Sometimes simple is the best

Looks good! I wanted some butcher paper over the weekend and couldn't find any, everyone was out.

And the final result. I nailed the flavor profile I was looking for. Nice pepper flavor with a little cayenne kick at the end. Great smoke ring. I think the Post Oak pellets are tied with the Charcoal pellets in flavor. The smoke flavor is still lacking a little bit. I give it about a 7. I tried a little different technique on the smoke. I covered the top rack with aluminum foil about 75% from right to left so the smoke wouldn’t go straight out the chimney. And I usually opened the chimney about 50%. But this time I opened it about 25%.
With the covering of the top rack to divert the smoke around the brisket more and keeping the chimney open 25% I think this is the best smoke taste I have had so far. I almost got my pit dialed in. I did buy some Pecan pellets to try next. So I’m still fine tuning the flavor.Now time to eat
5BDDA7A6-2329-4B1D-80D6-E8F1ECF2FABB.jpeg

Wow looks awesome!
Would it be safe to assume the controller on that KC combo is the same as what on the Laredo 1000? Looking to upgrade from my tailgater and am a little gun shy after reading reviews of the Pro Series 850

I made a similar Rub last week. It is very good and worked well on the Brisket I did. It is nice to make your own and easy. I'm trying to eliminate sugar and making your own is the best way to do that.

I made a similar Rub last week. It is very good and worked well on the Brisket I did. It is nice to make your own and easy. I'm trying to eliminate sugar and making your own is the best way to do that.
It’s pretty simple, but the key is to use granulated garlic instead of garlic powder. It seems to give it more flavor

Wow looks awesome!
Would it be safe to assume the controller on that KC combo is the same as what on the Laredo 1000? Looking to upgrade from my tailgater and am a little gun shy after reading reviews of the Pro Series 850
I believe it is, there is a difference though I’ve come to find out in 1st and 2nd gen controllers though just had my first gen swapped out for a new one under warranty and the newest ones are built a lot better and have better connectivity.

Latest Discussions

Back