Programmable meat probe

Tim W

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I push MPC a,d set temp then push controler nob to set but when temp is reached nothing happens. It is supposed to go to 180 correct? Also if I set a recipe I can no longer controlle the temp with the phone app is that correct?

I have the vertical from Lowes PBV4PS2 had it about 2 weeks now
I guess know one has an idea about your issue... has it been resolved? I have the PBV5 COMP. I've done 5 cooks so far.
My unit seems to give best results without the app. I prime for a short time or manually place a cup of pellets in the crucible.
Set temp to 300 with door open.
After a couple minutes of visible smoke I close the door and let temp come up to 300.
After 5 minutes at 300* I lower temp to 225*. I crack open the door a couple times to help temp drop. Once temp is stable at 225* I lower temp to S. Add meat and let it go for duration of smoke needed.
I can't offer much advice to help you trouble shoot other than what has worked for me. The lowest temp I can get with the app is 220*.

Hi There. Had the same problem with mine, same model from Lowes Ca. I called pitboss and they replaced controller Took a few months to get it. When i installed it i looked at the old board and it had burn marks on the solder area. I was able to use the old board till new one arrived.
Works absolutely awesome now. New one is in 10 degree increments.

Latest Discussions

Back