Pro series PB600PS1

Reaction score
600sq smoker. 20” internal cooking space from left to right. 100 degrees difference.
called pit boss they’re replacing the controller. Although thankful how helpful they were and how willing to work with me they were, I personally don’t think it’s the controller. The mod that is half moon shaped and protects the probe seems like it would work but it isn’t designed for this size grill apparently. 275 Mid grill, 385 over to the left and 212 on the right side. IM READY TO KICK IT OVER! There is $100 worth of ribs being ruined as we speak and absolutely nothing I can do about it but baby sit and rotate ribs like it’s going out of style.

before I absolutely lose my damn mind, any suggestions ?

4E100B0A-536D-4FCA-A486-A17FD8C5DD15.jpeg

fought through it and got it done.
I made a mistake of leaving pellets in the hopper prior to not one but 2 good snow storms, even though the grill was in the shed I believe it collected moisture in the pellets and that most certinly didn’t help my situation. As they burnt all crazy, the auger finally started throwing the fresh pellets I had added to the hopper. Temps stabilized, and the cook was ”saved”. At a certain point I gave up and didn’t care about bite one the bone or fall off of the bone. Turns out they were fall off; like pull the bones make a mc rib fall off.
not near as much smoke as I like. But can’t win them all ! Next time I feel like burning $ I’ll make sure all of my ducks are in a row.

View attachment 2163
fought through it and got it done.
I made a mistake of leaving pellets in the hopper prior to not one but 2 good snow storms, even though the grill was in the shed I believe it collected moisture in the pellets and that most certinly didn’t help my situation. As they burnt all crazy, the auger finally started throwing the fresh pellets I had added to the hopper. Temps stabilized, and the cook was ”saved”. At a certain point I gave up and didn’t care about bite one the bone or fall off of the bone. Turns out they were fall off; like pull the bones make a mc rib fall off.
not near as much smoke as I like. But can’t win them all ! Next time I feel like burning $ I’ll make sure all of my ducks are in a row.
Glad it worked out for you. They look great. I leave my pellets in the hopper and auger, I live in NH. I've never had an issue with moisture during any season. I'm surprised it was an issue for you. Maybe others have had issues with moisture and could chime in. Thank you for the update and pic.

Yeah I leave mine in as well and the grill is outside on the side of the deck on the grass but covered. It gets snow and rain I haven’t had any issues yet with the pellets. Those ribs look nice. Im glad it all worked out for u in the end.

Latest Discussions

Back