Pro series 1600 out of stock

I got that tube as well, but I feel like it doesnt Smoke that much. And it leaves ash on the heat shield where all the grease runs down. So makes more of a mess to clean up.

Mine puts out decent smoke, sometimes I put grilling foil under it to catch the ash that falls out, you could use one of the old school wood chip smoke things that they have for the gas grill.

I love this thing!!! I’m cooking everyday in it!!!!!!

Attachments

• 5EA9CE9F-A6E4-4153-9B9D-606E0CB2C6A6.jpeg
    5EA9CE9F-A6E4-4153-9B9D-606E0CB2C6A6.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I got that tube as well, but I feel like it doesnt Smoke that much. And it leaves ash on the heat shield where all the grease runs down. So makes more of a mess to clean up.
I had the same issue, but I saw somewhere that you should microwave your pellets before you put them in the tube.
I did that for the first time this weekend (about 2 minutes) and it made a massive difference in smoke output.
It was also the first time ever it stayed lit without me having to relight it over and over.

I had the same issue, but I saw somewhere that you should microwave your pellets before you put them in the tube.
I did that for the first time this weekend (about 2 minutes) and it made a massive difference in smoke output.
It was also the first time ever it stayed lit without me having to relight it over and over.
Thanks for the info. I will have to that too. Mine doesn’t stay on either, I have blow tourch it about two times during the cook.

Btw, is pretty easy changing out the PID controller with the new updated one? My should be arriving soon, but I couldn’t find a how to online.

Btw, is pretty easy changing out the PID controller with the new updated one? My should be arriving soon, but I couldn’t find a how to online.
Did you send your old one in to pitboss? Usually you have to send it in and they flash it with the update and send it back. If you haven't taken yours out there is a guy on YouTube named Mr garage. He shows how he did it on his 1150. Thats the one I watched when I did mine.

Did you send your old one in to pitboss? Usually you have to send it in and they flash it with the update and send it back. If you haven't taken yours out there is a guy on YouTube named Mr garage. He shows how he did it on his 1150. Thats the one I watched when I did mine.
Thank you!

Wish they had done this with the 850... :cautious:
Yes I do as well. Going on three controllers for my 850 series. They still can’t tell me what they are going to do to fix the issue. The last customer service person told me I had to “time” the cycles! This was after I told her my grill won’t regulate. Shoots straight up in temp and stays there. Lol

Hello, everyone.
i am looking at ordering a 1600, currently have a 1150. But I like all the features of the 1600.
but Lowe’s has none in stock. No state around me carries the 1600.
I was able to order it online through Lowe’s.com. But I got an email that said it was delayed. No estimated delivery date.

Does anyone know if the 1600 is discontinued, or is everyone buying them up??

TIA

Eric
👁 could be wrong ,
The Ever Green Ship that Backed up the Suez Canal affected all Water Front Imports even if the product didn’t come through the Canal.

Yes I do as well. Going on three controllers for my 850 series. They still can’t tell me what they are going to do to fix the issue. The last customer service person told me I had to “time” the cycles! This was after I told her my grill won’t regulate. Shoots straight up in temp and stays there. Lol
👁 just went through the same thing.
So far 👁 installed a probe then a controller then did timing 115 seconds no pellets , then 15 seconds pellets .😂 text book . Ok even though 👁 felt stupid 👁 learned something. Still had tempter swing. They sent another probe 👁 was reluctant. Guess what The Best Temps So Far 👍🏼
Persistence, got a 5 year Warranty Be a Pain don’t stop , now will my temp hold 👁 Hope So.When 👁 put the probe in 👁 did not zip tie it just let it hang naturally maybe it helped not putting a kink on the connection or what ever.
By the way 👁 put 2 external Thermometers and you can use one probe from your controller and bring it around the backside and drop it in that back vent to get a center reading on the 850.
BE A PAIN BE PERSISTENT

Latest Discussions

Back