Pro combo questions

Ls1ssws6

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently have been looking for a new grill, was heavily leaving towards a traeger but am hesitant because my wife hates anything smoked or smoke flavor. I can across the pit boss pro combo at Lowes and thought that is a great compromise. I can smoke whatever I want but also do some dogs burgers steaks etc on the propane side.

I just want to know if this grill is good, what are the pros and cons? How is the app, does it have recipes like the traeger?

I'm just trying to make the right decision before purchasing!
Thanks everyone

I can only speak for the previous generation (bought 2020 at Lowe's), but I've had no problems so far. I have the old controller so no bluetooth or anything. I honestly rarely use the gas side now, everything is smoked. Though my 5-year old daughter sounds like your wife: "Not everything has to be smoked dad!".

It is nice to have the ability to do a quick grill, and have a side burner.

I can only speak for the previous generation (bought 2020 at Lowe's), but I've had no problems so far. I have the old controller so no bluetooth or anything. I honestly rarely use the gas side now, everything is smoked. Though my 5-year old daughter sounds like your wife: "Not everything has to be smoked dad!".

It is nice to have the ability to do a quick grill, and have a side burner.
Yea I like having the option of gas and smoke separately. And the side burner is an added bonus. Love that I can do both at the same time, can even roll some smoke into the propane side and slowly get my wife liking it 😂😂

I went with the KC Combo. My wife & daughter both don't like heavy smoke on their meat. The combo does just fine with no complaints on the smoke flavor. I like the griddle now for burgers, bacon and just about everything else.

I went with the KC Combo. My wife & daughter both don't like heavy smoke on their meat. The combo does just fine with no complaints on the smoke flavor. I like the griddle now for burgers, bacon and just about everything else.
I kinda wish I'd gone with the KC Combo, knowing I don't use the gas grill side on my combo nearly as much as I thought I would (used to have a Chargriller duo and rarely used the charcoal side on that one). I guess I'll just get a griddle to throw down on the gas side to use!

Latest Discussions

Back