Pork tenderloin

Guineabear

Reaction score
Done yesterday using Bear Mountain Bold BBQ pellets mixed with about 30% Kingsford cherry. Came out moist, tender and tasty. Enjoyed dinner last night and will have sandwiches for lunch today. Enough left over for another dinner.

Attachments

• 20220313_164646.jpg
    20220313_164646.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 27
Been a while since I have done a pork tenderloin. Maybe this weekend if no rain. But most of them already come pre-seasoned. I would rather do my own rub.
Got ours at Publix, unseasoned, on sale. Have had the pre-seasoned tenderloins and, like you, would rather season my own. Came two in a pack which ended up being two dinners and two lunches. Plan to do baby backs this weekend. Haven't done ribs often so still a learning process...Likely 321 or something along those lines.

Ribs are the easiest thing to do on a smoker. Been a while since I have done them but I think I'll go for pork tenderloin this weekend if the weather is nice.
Not much easier than tenderloin, except maybe smoked sausage. Just trim a little silver skin, spice it and smoke. Makes great sandwiches too.

Picked one up today, gonna throw it on shortly on smoke setting. No hurry so I hope it takes a while. Couldn't find a plain one so I went with mesquite. View attachment 2446
Looks good. Should come out good. Got ribs going and just wrapped. Good color so far. Looking forward to chowing down.

Turned out pretty good but I don't think I care for the pre-seasoning. It wasn't bad, but not something I would use. I feel it had too much of a sweet taste. I used Sam's Smokehouse pellets and also put some mesquite wood chips in a tube since this was labeled as mesquite flavored. I left it on the smoke setting for about 3 hours and it hovered around 140-155. After 3 hours I bumped to 200 and eventually 250. I just tried to keep it as low and long as I could since we were not hungry.... Then I turned it up to finish it off when hunger set in. Lots of left overs for sandwiches.

Turned out pretty good but I don't think I care for the pre-seasoning. It wasn't bad, but not something I would use. I feel it had too much of a sweet taste. I used Sam's Smokehouse pellets and also put some mesquite wood chips in a tube since this was labeled as mesquite flavored. I left it on the smoke setting for about 3 hours and it hovered around 140-155. After 3 hours I bumped to 200 and eventually 250. I just tried to keep it as low and long as I could since we were not hungry.... Then I turned it up to finish it off when hunger set in. Lots of left overs for sandwiches.
Glad it turned out good. I too would rather spice my own. Rereading the label on your picture It appears that is a pork loin as opposed to a tender loin...All good though. Did you rinse the brine off before cooking?

My ribs came out great. Went the full 321 time, 6 hours at 225/250. came out tender and tasty but still not absolutely fall off the bone. Perhaps I didn't wrap tightly enough. Wife and I both enjoyed tremendously and have enough left over for another meal. Will definitely do it again. Used Bear Mountain Bold BBQ and about 30% Kingsford Cherry. Spiced with SPG and Pit Boss sweet rib rub with mustard binder...Great flavor

Glad it turned out good. I too would rather spice my own. Rereading the label on your picture It appears that is a pork loin as opposed to a tender loin...All good though. Did you rinse the brine off before cooking?

My ribs came out great. Went the full 321 time, 6 hours at 225/250. came out tender and tasty but still not absolutely fall off the bone. Perhaps I didn't wrap tightly enough. Wife and I both enjoyed tremendously and have enough left over for another meal. Will definitely do it again. Used Bear Mountain Bold BBQ and about 30% Kingsford Cherry. Spiced with SPG and Pit Boss sweet rib rub with mustard binder...Great flavor
On one cook I did the full 6 hours and the meat was falling off the bone way too much. If you picked up a bone the meat stayed on the plate. Another time I went for 5 hours, meat stayed on ribs when handling but needed more time for more tenderness. So assuming the smoking temp is consistent I think the thickness of the meat could be a factor.

On one cook I did the full 6 hours and the meat was falling off the bone way too much. If you picked up a bone the meat stayed on the plate. Another time I went for 5 hours, meat stayed on ribs when handling but needed more time for more tenderness. So assuming the smoking temp is consistent I think the thickness of the meat could be a factor.
I think you have a point. These ribs were quite meaty.

Be doing smoked meatloaf tomorrow.

Latest Discussions

Back