Platinum Brunswick PID Controller Temp Fluctuations

usafsp

Reaction score
I need some help/advice or whatever you want to call it. I have used my Platinum Brunswick 3 times now and all 3 times I have struggled with maintaining temperatures. To start off with, I absolutely hate that the PID controller is 10 degree increments and not 5 degree increments. With that said, all steps are taken properly. Doors open, white smoke done, shut the doors and change the temp to desired setting. For example, I set it for 230 degrees. First off, I think it takes way too long to heat up. I usually get a 40 degree difference in internal temps. My 230 setting and the internal heats to 270 and then starts fluctuating by plus/minus 40 degrees. This thing will not maintain a constant temp. Always fluctuating. I thought these were supposed to be set it and forget it kind of smokers. I understand monitoring things, but I should not have to deal with a constant plus/minus variation of at least 40 degrees. I don't know if it is a bad PID controller, temp probe, or what the heck. I'm just looking for advice/suggestions on what I should do and if anyone else is experiencing anything like this.

I'm pretty sure Pit Boss will tell you 25-50 deg either way is normal. I always keep an eye on my PBV4PS2 when I'm smoking.

I need some help/advice or whatever you want to call it. I have used my Platinum Brunswick 3 times now and all 3 times I have struggled with maintaining temperatures. To start off with, I absolutely hate that the PID controller is 10 degree increments and not 5 degree increments. With that said, all steps are taken properly. Doors open, white smoke done, shut the doors and change the temp to desired setting. For example, I set it for 230 degrees. First off, I think it takes way too long to heat up. I usually get a 40 degree difference in internal temps. My 230 setting and the internal heats to 270 and then starts fluctuating by plus/minus 40 degrees. This thing will not maintain a constant temp. Always fluctuating. I thought these were supposed to be set it and forget it kind of smokers. I understand monitoring things, but I should not have to deal with a constant plus/minus variation of at least 40 degrees. I don't know if it is a bad PID controller, temp probe, or what the heck. I'm just looking for advice/suggestions on what I should do and if anyone else is experiencing anything like this.
make sure you have water in resolver , it really sucks up the water, I have to wait till it gets to a firm 150 then select the temp.

Latest Discussions

Back