Pitt Boss needs to offer a PID controller

DaveXDm9

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Pit Boss needs to offer a PID controller for the Pro Series grills. The current controller is a Chinese OEM controller that is outdated.

All of the Pit Boss Pro Series, Sportsman, and Navigator owners need to send a message to Pit Boss to offer a PID controller for our grills.

Yeah, would be nice to have that option without having to buy a Lockhart or KC Combo. I already have 2 Pit Boss pellet smokers so I don't need another.

My friend had a Lockhart for 5 days took it back to Walmart and they actually refunded his money still shocked. He said the smoke box was so inconsistent with heat and smoke the controller could never get it to dial in at all. The lower unit was fine he said the new PID system was great for the lower unit. He said the grill is a huge gimmick and he would love to have the PID on the lockhart and add it to his Austin XL.

My friend had a Lockhart for 5 days took it back to Walmart and they actually refunded his money still shocked. He said the smoke box was so inconsistent with heat and smoke the controller could never get it to dial in at all. The lower unit was fine he said the new PID system was great for the lower unit. He said the grill is a huge gimmick and he would love to have the PID on the lockhart and add it to his Austin XL.
I love my lockhart and get consistent results using the smoke box on top. I also use the bottom grill section a lot to smoke with. The way I use the top is for veggies, fish and other things that might need as much heat as the rest of the cook.

Latest Discussions

Back