Pitboss won't turn on

Awaj07

Reaction score
I've had my pitboss grill for a month now, until a week or two ago it was problem free. I was doing a long cook and it randomly shut down on me, but It turned right back on. After using it a few times after that the grill will not power on, and I've checked the outlets and breakers. I thought I'd try it the other day, plugged it in and it started right up. Came out later to use it and it's back to not powering on. Anyone else had this issue? Any ideas fora resolution?

I've had my pitboss grill for a month now, until a week or two ago it was problem free. I was doing a long cook and it randomly shut down on me, but It turned right back on. After using it a few times after that the grill will not power on, and I've checked the outlets and breakers. I thought I'd try it the other day, plugged it in and it started right up. Came out later to use it and it's back to not powering on. Anyone else had this issue? Any ideas fora resolution?

check the fuse on the back of the controller.

I’ve got the pit boss pro series upright I bought from Lowe’s last month. This is my second time using it and it will not turn on.

check the fuse on the back of the controller.

not the fuse, it works sporadically. Sometimes I’ll go try and it’ll power right on, others it won’t do anything. Can’t get any help from pit boss support, guess I’m gonna return it.

not the fuse, it works sporadically. Sometimes I’ll go try and it’ll power right on, others it won’t do anything. Can’t get any help from pit boss support, guess I’m gonna return it.

Did you check the wires to see if any of them are loose and also the wire that powers the controller make sure that one is not loose.

Did you ever fix this issue? I’m having the same issue

What exactly did you do to the fuse? I’ve had 3 different boards not turn on. I’m assuming mines not a board issue if it’s 3 different ones

There was a zip tie around the fuse, it was keeping the fuse from connecting down in the board properly. I cut that off and pushed it in good and it’s worked fine since.

What exactly did you do to the fuse? I’ve had 3 different boards not turn on. I’m assuming mines not a board issue if it’s 3 different ones

Make sure that fuse is not blown it is small. Also check power cord from the hopper to the control board and make sure it is not damaged.

I sympathize with you after hearing this news. It may be a product problem, or your operation is not correct. If the problem is not resolved, you can try to buy a new one. The Pit Boss series products I am currently using are here I bought it on the website-https://grillpartsreplacement.com/search?q=pit+boss&options[prefix]=last&type=product, it's okay, there is no big problem at present, the quality is still good, you can take a look Is there any product you need, I hope my answer can help you.

No thank you there are better products on Amazon and other sites.

I have same problem early August. Support said most likely problem was the igniter. Warranty replaced both igniter and control board. Still won’t start. During replacement I found the connector for the fan was blackened at the board. Now waiting for fan than is back ordered 4-6 weeks. Nice parts shop under warranty (5 years). My initial failure came after dozen uses. Nice product it would work!

Back