Pitboss Pro Series 1150 another temperature question

Glock19ftw

Reaction score
I have been browsing the forum and see that this grill has temperature issues. When I set mine to 250, it will display 250 as the actual temperature on the PID but temperature probes I have placed show 200-210. Is this the error that others are dealing with?

When I set to 300, it will hold 300 as actual temperature on screen but probes will read 250.

Any fix to this issue? The grill will hold temperature but it is not the true temperature show on test probes...

I am experiencing the same thing once I got my PID upgraded from Pitboss. Sad day.

I am experiencing the same thing once I got my PID upgraded from Pitboss. Sad day.
I found the issue but don't have a fix yet. I had initially removed the diffuser tray (the metal that goes at bottom around the heat box) because I was getting hot spots and heard that was a fix. Removing this tray causes the common issue with other Pitbosses where there is a gap between the metal searing plate (slopped metal with vents) and the heat box.

Since there is a gap and it is right below the temp probe, it causes high inaccurate readings.

They sell plate mods on Ebay to fix the issue but I am not sure if it fits this new model Pitboss.

I rigged some tin foil and filled the gap to see if that was the issue. It was the issue. When I filled the gap I was actually getting lower readings than the test temp probes.

So I have to find a happy medium of how much of the gap to fill.

Good luck and let me know if it works for you!

Also I have not sent my PID in for the upgrade, so just fyi.

I found the issue but don't have a fix yet. I had initially removed the diffuser tray (the metal that goes at bottom around the heat box) because I was getting hot spots and heard that was a fix. Removing this tray causes the common issue with other Pitbosses where there is a gap between the metal searing plate (slopped metal with vents) and the heat box.

Since there is a gap and it is right below the temp probe, it causes high inaccurate readings.

They sell plate mods on Ebay to fix the issue but I am not sure if it fits this new model Pitboss.

I rigged some tin foil and filled the gap to see if that was the issue. It was the issue. When I filled the gap I was actually getting lower readings than the test temp probes.

So I have to find a happy medium of how much of the gap to fill.

Good luck and let me know if it works for you!
huh, I threw my diffuser tray away, figured it wasn't good for much. Glad to hear you found your issue!

huh, I threw my diffuser tray away, figured it wasn't good for much. Glad to hear you found your issue!
Yea I discarded mine too. Let me know if you test yours with filling the gap with tin foil and if it works for you too.

Back