Pitboss Pro 1600 (Good News)

Fireteam6

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some information:

About 2 weeks ago purchased a 1600, the price was too good to pass up, I had heard there were issues with the controller.

Fired this beast up to do the burn-in and right away I had to start documenting, it would take over 90 Minutes to get to 320 and would stay there would not make it 350.

and I had to set it at 500 to get it to go to 350.

Tried it 3 times and could not get it up to temp, now it would go to 225 and hold stable there, but not all cooks are going to be at that temp.

Well put a ticket in, they came back with some explanations and I told them compared to my 1100 the 1600 was not even close.

They had me try the PID learning trick three times which is got to 350 and then once it is there set it at 225, it pretty much took all day and again max temp 320.

updated the ticket and they said to send the controller back, I asked if it is for a new controller or firmware update, they said a firmware update.

Sent it in last Friday, got it back today of course at that point I stopped everything and started to assembly that bad boy.

Well there is plenty of good news the update is similar to the 1150, it now goes in 10 degrees increments to 300 and then 25 degree increments after that.

It also took a lot lest time to get to 220 and 350, and I think since it appears to be a learning PID controller it will get better after a few uses.

When I first bought and used it, there was barely any smoke, now it is smoking like crazy (hopefully it stays that way.).

Thanks for the update and good news! I'm having the same issues with my 1600. I asked them for the update about a month ago and they said there wasn't one available yet. I just updated my trouble ticket and asked for the update. Fingers crossed. Thanks

Could you give us the steps for the PID learning trick?

Could you give us the steps for the PID learning trick?
What tech support instructed was to start and set at 350 then once it reaches 350 reduce to 225, but 225 is not on there anymore so mybplannis to reduce to 220.

Yesterday set it all up and just wanted to see how fast it got up to temperature and if they changed to 10 degree increments, so today I will do the 350 then down to 220, 3 times and see if that makes a difference. Just from the firmware update it seems to work a lot better I also plan to check the temperature too, I saw that someone said from the 1150 the temps don't seem to match the probe.

Latest Discussions

Back