PitBoss 1600 Elite temperature

Basham

Reaction score
Trying to see if others have had the same problem or if mine is some kind of magical grill. We all know using a smoker that Temps change pretty frequently, even with perfect weather they can go up and down a little. Well this is about my 3rd grilling session and I've noticed that when my grill gets up to temp (350) at first it would bounce around a little, but there was times that for a full 10 minutes my LCD screen continued to show 350. I never looked away for a full 10 min and it didn't go up 1 or down 1 degree. So then I go out and open the lid for a full minute trying to check temp inside grill with a probe and the screen never changed. This was a slightly cool day with some wind. So this just seems either too good to be true or my screen is freezing at times. But there was also times I could raise lid and temp would drop pretty quickly which happened with my old PitBoss. It was just random times it would seem to freeze. I just want to make sure if this is normal and I can trust the temps on the screen. Also to add while trying to make Temps move I even opened the sear plate to have an exposed flame. You would think with lid closed temp would go up a little but it never moved. I'm not having any err reading, flashing or blank screen. Just at times it seems to freeze.

Latest Discussions

Back