Pitboss 1150 Return or Not Return

How long had you had yours? Lowe’s is telling me there is only a 30 day return option.
My Lowe’s also told me 30 days then I called Pitboss and they said 90 and if they had issues at customer service to speak to the store manager as PB and Lowe’s has a 90 no questions asked exchange policy

Just returned mine. How are you going to put a product out, have issues and come up with bull solutions. Full return at Lowe’s, no box, cleaned it up a little.

RecTeq 590 is going to be my choice.
How comparable is the 590 to the 1150 in terms of cooking space?

Just curious...is this issue specific to the 1150 model? I have a different model and the only temp issues I've had are due to the cold climate and high winds I experience in my neck of the woods. Food still comes out really well.

Sausage King,
I have not had any problems with my 850 other than uneven temperatures left to right. But I figured out how to fix that too.
So I am happy with my 850 at this point.
How did you fix the uneven temps?

Just curious...is this issue specific to the 1150 model? I have a different model and the only temp issues I've had are due to the cold climate and high winds I experience in my neck of the woods. Food still comes out really well.
Specific to the 1150. I keep mine in a heated pull barn/garage and it won't hold 225 or 250. Usually settles at 190 and won't change.

From how pitboss has been acting it seems like their not going to fix their issue with the temp. For a $600 grill I am rather aggravating with the company. It has good features and I am sitting here thinking about spending the extra cash and getting a RecTeq 590.

What are the chances the company is going to rectify the issue? Return or wait?
I moved to Rec Teq 590 with their Black Friday sale, leaving my pit boss. I could not be happier with my decision. You get what you pay for. My pit boss had such wild temp swings, and burn outs and restarts, to smoke anything I had to baby it the whole time. Tried reaching out to pit boss support multiple times, with no response.

Rec Teq arrived, when I did initial burn it wouldn't get up to temp. I called customer service and they answered right away and went to town helping me and got me right into business. Twice I called them with questions, with great support. I did a boston butt the other day. Set it at 225 and it stayed rock solid at 225 for 15hrs! I will never look back, as it made life so much easier. Make the move!

From how pitboss has been acting it seems like their not going to fix their issue with the temp. For a $600 grill I am rather aggravating with the company. It has good features and I am sitting here thinking about spending the extra cash and getting a RecTeq 590.

I got mine right before last deployment used it twice and the temperature issue came about. Waited too late to return it hasn't worked since. I would return it.

Sausage King,
I have not had any problems with my 850 other than uneven temperatures left to right. But I figured out how to fix that too.
How did you fix the left to right temp issue? My KC combo has this going on.

I have issues with the controller not working with wifi at all. I started a ticket online and nothing. I started messaging pit boss on Instagram and got quick results! They reply within a few hours and ordered me a new controller. Anyone having issues try this.

Sausage King,
How did you solve the uneven temp problems?

How did you solve the uneven temp problems?
Looks like he created a heat shield some how. Here his Response on a previous thread:

So I made a prototype heat shield to see if I can even out the temperatures left to right, the right was always alot cooler.
The first attempt and I have even temperatures. Set it to 250* the display says 250* left side 250* right side 250*
Success on the first attempt.
Will go up to 300 and see what happens.”

Now we need to know how he made it and how he installed it.

I'd return I wish I could return mine.i got 2 cooks out of it and it hasn't worked since.its aggravating playing phone tag with them.and they are slow sending out replacement parts.i bought it for my wife.she hates it now.im going to try to fix it and off load it .

I'd return I wish I could return mine.i got 2 cooks out of it and it hasn't worked since.its aggravating playing phone tag with them.and they are slow sending out replacement parts.i bought it for my wife.she hates it now.im going to try to fix it and off load it .
Message them on Instagram. That’s how I was able to get replies back and my ticket looked into quickly. They got my controller ordered three days ago

FWIW...just got a PB1150PS2 last Thursday at Lowes & got a 15% discount off the $599. Went through the burnoff per instructions Friday morning with zero issues. Smoked a 1.75lb pork tenderloin that night with no issues. Smoked a 3.5lb tri-tip Saturday with no issues. Smoked a 5.5lb butt for 8hrs on Sunday with no issues. So far so good. The APP does kinda suck & hoping for an update with more intuitive features, but all-in-all, very stoked on this beast so far. What I do, is at turn-on....give it 10-15mins from button push & don't touch the temp until pot is hot & smoke dissipates, l then adjust to my desired cooking temp. Been holding my desired temps very well....but I do wish there were smaller increments to select. Hoping no issues in front of me, but ZERO complaints at this point.

Attachments

• 20210103_191529.jpg
    20210103_191529.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210102_184424.jpg
    20210102_184424.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210101_182003.jpg
    20210101_182003.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210102_152658.jpg
    20210102_152658.jpg