Pitboss 1150 Return or Not Return

PJSmoke

Reaction score
From how pitboss has been acting it seems like their not going to fix their issue with the temp. For a $600 grill I am rather aggravating with the company. It has good features and I am sitting here thinking about spending the extra cash and getting a RecTeq 590.

What are the chances the company is going to rectify the issue? Return or wait?

From how pitboss has been acting it seems like their not going to fix their issue with the temp. For a $600 grill I am rather aggravating with the company. It has good features and I am sitting here thinking about spending the extra cash and getting a RecTeq 590.

What are the chances the company is going to rectify the issue? Return or wait?
I plan on returning mine this weekend. I don't know how many pellets I've gone through trying to fix the issue but I'm tired and not happy with how much time I've wasted. This grill could be awesome but they haven't shown me they are taking the issue seriously.

I plan on returning mine this weekend. I don't know how many pellets I've gone through trying to fix the issue but I'm tired and not happy with how much time I've wasted. This grill could be awesome but they haven't shown me they are taking the issue seriously.
Just returned mine. How are you going to put a product out, have issues and come up with bull solutions. Full return at Lowe’s, no box, cleaned it up a little.

RecTeq 590 is going to be my choice.

Just returned mine. How are you going to put a product out, have issues and come up with bull solutions. Full return at Lowe’s, no box, cleaned it up a little.

I was wondering about the box and cleaning I was actually going to call first because I wasn't sure. I've nothing but good things about rectec. Let me know how it works out. I'm debating trying a 850 I think it's the same controller as the 1150 but I haven't heard of anyone have problems with the temps online.

I was wondering about the box and cleaning I was actually going to call first because I wasn't sure. I've nothing but good things about rectec. Let me know how it works out. I'm debating trying a 850 I think it's the same controller as the 1150 but I haven't heard of anyone have problems with the temps online.
I mean, they didn’t even look in it. Took about 15 minutes to clean it up. I only grilled on it a few times so it wasn’t too dirty.
You’ll probably be fine with the 850, but I am taking my money elsewhere. Don’t sell a shit product and tell me to “Return it” if i am not happy with their shit solutions that don’t actually work.

Honestly you cannot go wrong with a Rec-Tec and the quality is outstanding and the PID controller is pretty nice.

Honestly you cannot go wrong with a Rec-Tec and the quality is outstanding and the PID controller is pretty nice.
The RT-590 is only 2” smaller width grill space compared to 1150. I can’t justify RT-700. Unless there is something I am missing.

The RT-590 is only 2” smaller width grill space compared to 1150. I can’t justify RT-700. Unless there is something I am missing.
RT-700 is a big grill the only plus on it is the hopper is on the back, but other than that 590 and 700 use the same controller and parts so 590 will be perfect.

Sausage King,
I have not had any problems with my 850 other than uneven temperatures left to right. But I figured out how to fix that too.
So I am happy with my 850 at this point.

I had tried a cook again and it failed miserably on my 850. I returned mine back to Lowe’s today after no help from Pit Boss, same thing I figured with all the issues people are having they would want to solve this problem quick but it just doesn’t seem like they care much. I’m on the hunt for a different manufacturer now. My opinion on getting the 850 to try it out is the controller has some major issues and a fix is not coming soon by the looks of it. I’m sure one day they will figure it out but for now they lost my business.

I had tried a cook again and it failed miserably on my 850. I returned mine back to Lowe’s today after no help from Pit Boss, same thing I figured with all the issues people are having they would want to solve this problem quick but it just doesn’t seem like they care much. I’m on the hunt for a different manufacturer now. My opinion on getting the 850 to try it out is the controller has some major issues and a fix is not coming soon by the looks of it. I’m sure one day they will figure it out but for now they lost my business.
I would look into Rec-Tec. I bit the bullet and just ordered the RT-590.
I won’t be supporting this company not backing their product again. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would look into Rec-Tec. I bit the bullet and just ordered the RT-590.
I won’t be supporting this company not backing their product again. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Let us know how the RT-590 does and there are Rec-Tec User groups out there that can help you if you need it.

Sausage King,
I have not had any problems with my 850 other than uneven temperatures left to right. But I figured out how to fix that too.
So I am happy with my 850 at this point.
How did you fix the uneven temps in it?

How long had you had yours? Lowe’s is telling me there is only a 30 day return option.

I had mine for 62 days and was told I would fall into the 90 day return option. I just cleaned it up the best I could and told them the issues I had with it.

Back