Pit Boss Wont Go Up in Temp

Mkshelby

Reaction score
Hi All
We have a new Pit Boss Austin XL.
We are trying to do the initial burn off.
The unit primes OK, fire starts, blower comes on, temp goes up to 250-300, then temp starts dropping and eventually unit goes out.
We've tried this 3 different times yesterday, always with the same results.
Any ideas?

Might want to call customer service while it is still early in the day. Something isn't right, I have 2 and neither of mine has ever done that. Just call and wait on hold they are usually pretty helpful. I had an auger issue last year and they stayed on the phone helping me for over 2 hours

Hope they can figure it out for you, I'm not expert. Just a regular guy who loves to cook outside

Called Customer Svc. They were GREAT. Spent about 45 min troubleshooting it.
They are sending out a new controller

Actually, as a last resort they just had me check the wiring. Was wired backwards!!!!! Corrected the wiring and it appears to be running gine so far-temp going up like it should.

Good! I have heard the wiring issue is a common problem. That isn't good and something they need to look into.

I am having this same issue. Just bought it and on first few uses, I can't get it stay at the high temp. It drops almost immediately, and I can't get it back. It only hovers around 160, then drops to 110 or 115 and will fire back up and get to 160 or so and then start the prcoess over. The only way I was able to cook was to turn it off and then back on 4-5 times, which kept forcing it to add more pellets and raise the temp.

Haven't been able to get customer service to call me back the past two days. Any ideas or help? How hard was the rewiring, and can I tell if that's an issue beforehand?

Thanks!

I am having this same issue. Just bought it and on first few uses, I can't get it stay at the high temp. It drops almost immediately, and I can't get it back. It only hovers around 160, then drops to 110 or 115 and will fire back up and get to 160 or so and then start the prcoess over. The only way I was able to cook was to turn it off and then back on 4-5 times, which kept forcing it to add more pellets and raise the temp.

Haven't been able to get customer service to call me back the past two days. Any ideas or help? How hard was the rewiring, and can I tell if that's an issue beforehand?

Thanks!
reach out to them on facebook or twitter you may get a quicker response.

You know, I thought it was odd, when I was reading my owners manual, that there was a wiring diagram in there. Like this. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1122680/Pit-Boss-Pb820s.html?page=32#manual

But now that I've seen it come up a couple of times now, maybe they should work on their "design for manufacture", and work out some wiring connectors that cannot be plugged in backwards on accident.

Latest Discussions

Back