Pit Boss Pro Series 4 Vertical Smoker

Cornwallis

Reaction score
G'day Smokers:)

Due to issues with the locking latch I reluctantly took my Series 3 back to the store here in Perth and they gave me my money back. Its the 2nd new smoker within 4 months that I have had to replace.

So, I looked at the latch set up on the PBV4PS2 and that looks like the bees knees. But before I buy, it would be great to hear from the profi's here and S4 users if the unit is a good investment.

There seems to be so many reviews about this unit here, for various issues, including catching on fire🚒 so it would be great to know either way. I am limited for space, and the electric vertical really suits our needs.

Appreciate the advice as always.

I have had my PB4 for 2 years and have had zero issue with any of the noted stuff talk about on here like temp or burn back and I am not a clean freak when it come to it and I love it reading on here I guess im a lucky one but I do empty my burn pot every use

G'day Smokers:)

Due to issues with the locking latch I reluctantly took my Series 3 back to the store here in Perth and they gave me my money back. Its the 2nd new smoker within 4 months that I have had to replace.

So, I looked at the latch set up on the PBV4PS2 and that looks like the bees knees. But before I buy, it would be great to hear from the profi's here and S4 users if the unit is a good investment.

There seems to be so many reviews about this unit here, for various issues, including catching on fire🚒 so it would be great to know either way. I am limited for space, and the electric vertical really suits our needs.

Appreciate the advice as always.
I ha e the PBV5 COMP. The location of the controller is plain dumb. But... I think it has been moved in the newest model.
So I really like my unit and other than the controller location it is a decent unit. At this moment I think there are several barrel type smokers that I rate better than PB.
I do NOT know of a better vertical (cabinet) stlye.

Last edited:
Back