Pit Boss PBV4PS2 BAD Controller

UncleTom

Reaction score
After checking, and beating my head against the door, I called APP Support.
They had me download the "Light Blue" App from the Apple Store.
The app looks like "A Blue Fist", install it an run the app.
It will basically show your Bluetooth devices, PB and all other deviced and their signal strength.
Mine showed up as a "PBL-######"
My controller was only showing 1 bar of signal.
The Smoke IT app shows connectivity along with WIFI connection to my router.
In looking at the router the controller wasn't connected to the network either.

They ordered me a me controller.... TO BE CONTINUED ....

I went through the same issue with app assistant. They told me the same thing, took me thru the "Light blue" app and told me my controller was defective. After waiting a month and plenty of emails to them they responded with the news a new controller has been ordered and will be in around May. I finally got some time and called Pit boss at the number they provided and found that no controller was ever ordered for me thru app assistant. They can't just order, their a separate company with no access to pit boss computers. A lady at Pit boss did order a new controller, about 8-10 weeks out which is about May and it is now showing it was ordered in my pit boss account.
I love the smoker and bought a thermo pro 20 wifi thermometer to use in the meantime.
Pit boss 877-303-3134 Option 2. I'd call and check and order one if it wasn't ordered so you don't waste a month like I did.

I went through the same issue with app assistant. They told me the same thing, took me thru the "Light blue" app and told me my controller was defective. After waiting a month and plenty of emails to them they responded with the news a new controller has been ordered and will be in around May. I finally got some time and called Pit boss at the number they provided and found that no controller was ever ordered for me thru app assistant. They can't just order, their a separate company with no access to pit boss computers. A lady at Pit boss did order a new controller, about 8-10 weeks out which is about May and it is now showing it was ordered in my pit boss account.
I love the smoker and bought a thermo pro 20 wifi thermometer to use in the meantime.
Pit boss 877-303-3134 Option 2. I'd call and check and order one if it wasn't ordered so you don't waste a month like I did.
Thanks for the heads-up... MAY? ? ?
I OWE YOU BIG TIME... for that information.....
I just got off the phone with PB & YOU WERE RIGHT! ! ! !....
No order was placed in the system... The lady "Shannon" was VERRRRRRY helpful.
She checked and confirmed the controller was not due from their "over seas source" until the last of April

I think they have the "Cart before the Horse" on this product....IMOP.... Selling a product without adequate supply of spare parts, an APP with issues that does not fulfill its design parameters and marketing hype.....

I'm not giving up, just frustrated

After checking, and beating my head against the door, I called APP Support.
They had me download the "Light Blue" App from the Apple Store.
The app looks like "A Blue Fist", install it an run the app.
It will basically show your Bluetooth devices, PB and all other deviced and their signal strength.
Mine showed up as a "PBL-######"
My controller was only showing 1 bar of signal.
The Smoke IT app shows connectivity along with WIFI connection to my router.
In looking at the router the controller wasn't connected to the network either.

They ordered me a me controller.... TO BE CONTINUED ....
So I was having the same issue with the APP they actually submitted my replacement board for me and 5 days later I had the new board. Not sure why my case was different but I was happy with the results.

Latest Discussions

Back