pit boss pb850ps2 - why can't I get 225 degrees

007dad

Reaction score
I have a recipe that requires 225 temp setting. It seems that the pit boss pb850ps2 only allows for 200, 250, 300 , etc...Increments of 50 degrees. I'm sure that since I'm old guy and have been smoking all kinds of meat with wood burning smokers, that I'm probably technology challenged and can't figure out how to set the flipping temperature to 225. I have looked in the manual (no help) and online. It seems there is not a lot of advice/counsel on the pb850ps2. I'm sure there is some easy fix to this, and will be highly humbled when someone answers my post. I'm willing to endure the embarrassment over the extreme frustration that I feel now.....Please help...Bondo

I have a recipe that requires 225 temp setting. It seems that the pit boss pb850ps2 only allows for 200, 250, 300 , etc...Increments of 50 degrees. I'm sure that since I'm old guy and have been smoking all kinds of meat with wood burning smokers, that I'm probably technology challenged and can't figure out how to set the flipping temperature to 225. I have looked in the manual (no help) and online. It seems there is not a lot of advice/counsel on the pb850ps2. I'm sure there is some easy fix to this, and will be highly humbled when someone answers my post. I'm willing to endure the embarrassment over the extreme frustration that I feel now.....Please help...Bondo
Weird... my pb 850 (purchased 2 days ago) hits 225. Maybe something with the controller? Call pit boss and see if there’s something they can do.

My 850 is being returned. Temp wont hold. everything below 300 stays at about 197. same issue as the 1150. Returning to lowes canada as soon as I can. Camp Chef on the way to replace it.

Don’t rely on the controller to give you correct temps. Use a secondary remote thermometer to relay grate and meat temps. Start in smoke mode and note where temps settle into with each click on temp knob for “in the range swing temps”. Don’t sweat the swings. Swingin’ Is smokin’.

Back