Pit Boss KC Combo Platinum Light Mod

JayBirde

Reaction score
IMG_2351.JPEG
IMG_2352.JPEG

Happy Saturday fellow Pit Boss Forum members!

Just finished up a mod on my KC Combo Platinum so that I can use the interior lighting whenever I want, not just when the pellet side is on!

Instructable is up along with a short intro video. Hopefully this will help others with this annoying "Feature"!

I also discovered something interesting when poking around under the hood.... there are 2 more Molex plugs on the board on either side of the ones currently used for the meat probes labelled P1 & P4 (P2 & P3 are currently used by existing probes). There is also holes drilled in the plate where you plug in your probes with covers over them, which makes me wonder if they don't plan on expanding the probe capability in the future!

Link Below:

Pit Boss KC Combo Light Mod Instructable

View attachment 346 View attachment 347

Happy Saturday fellow Pit Boss Forum members!

Just finished up a mod on my KC Combo Platinum so that I can use the interior lighting whenever I want, not just when the pellet side is on!

Instructable is up along with a short intro video. Hopefully this will help others with this annoying "Feature"!

I also discovered something interesting when poking around under the hood.... there are 2 more Molex plugs on the board on either side of the ones currently used for the meat probes labelled P1 & P4 (P2 & P3 are currently used by existing probes). There is also holes drilled in the plate where you plug in your probes with covers over them, which makes me wonder if they don't plan on expanding the probe capability in the future!

Link Below:

Pit Boss KC Combo Light Mod Instructable
Thanks I’m gonna look into doing this too! Also I believe the extra ports are for the Lockhart same board, just not activated.

Latest Discussions

Back