Pit Boss Error codes

ErH is a "hot" code meaning the unit is too hot. You should contact customer support for it. The ErP code is a power error, the unit was not set to the off position when it was plugged in.

I have an ERL code.
I've cleared the pellets on the vertical smoker & shop vacc'ed the interior of the auger,
I still have the code!
I also grabbed some vinegar& water combo to clean the interior thermostat, still get the error.
any other tips?

I have a KC combo I bought in march. It starts up just fine, but during a cook, it will all of a sudden give me a Err code with the igniter rod flashing. Pit Boss tells me it is the igniter so i am going to try to change it out. My problem is it works fine for a while, then stops? Any thoughts?

I have a KC combo I bought in march. It starts up just fine, but during a cook, it will all of a sudden give me a Err code with the igniter rod flashing. Pit Boss tells me it is the igniter so i am going to try to change it out. My problem is it works fine for a while, then stops? Any thoughts?
Possibly a loose wire? I am not familiar with the layout on the KC Combo and don't know how accessible the wires are but check and see if they are fully connected. Could be the igniter and they are a pain to change. Not to mention unfortunate on a new grill.

Hey there first year owning my 440 delux smoker in - 40 Canadian winter and I went to start it and I got ERR code. Is this due to how cold it is? It ran fine 1 week before the cold.

I am getting an erH code. Smoker will not start at all. Can’t get video to plsy
I stupidly didn’t know pit boss had such a long warranty on parts and replaced my control board with a Chinese $40 version, things worked fine for a year but then I got the ERH over heating code and the grill would shut off. I blamed the control board and bought another off brand board which didn’t fix it. My problem was the RTD Temp probe which I bought for $12. Things are back to normal.

ErL code I got this past winter in January. In extreme cold it may need to be restarted for a second time. Only happened once.

Possibly a loose wire? I am not familiar with the layout on the KC Combo and don't know how accessible the wires are but check and see if they are fully connected. Could be the igniter and they are a pain to change. Not to mention unfortunate on a new grill.
To add to this, my Lockhart had the same issue.
When changing, I found out the set screw was not torqued on the ignitor and the ignitor was shifting during the cook. (Poor QC at factory)
Still changed to the new one sent by PB.
No problems since.

Latest Discussions

Back