Pit Boss Error codes

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems but I found this video helpful in case I get any ER codes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
ErH is a "hot" code meaning the unit is too hot. You should contact customer support for it. The ErP code is a power error, the unit was not set to the off position when it was plugged in.

ideleon

Reaction score
I have an ERL code.
I've cleared the pellets on the vertical smoker & shop vacc'ed the interior of the auger,
I still have the code!
I also grabbed some vinegar& water combo to clean the interior thermostat, still get the error.
any other tips?

steveP7474

Reaction score
I have a KC combo I bought in march. It starts up just fine, but during a cook, it will all of a sudden give me a Err code with the igniter rod flashing. Pit Boss tells me it is the igniter so i am going to try to change it out. My problem is it works fine for a while, then stops? Any thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a KC combo I bought in march. It starts up just fine, but during a cook, it will all of a sudden give me a Err code with the igniter rod flashing. Pit Boss tells me it is the igniter so i am going to try to change it out. My problem is it works fine for a while, then stops? Any thoughts?
Possibly a loose wire? I am not familiar with the layout on the KC Combo and don't know how accessible the wires are but check and see if they are fully connected. Could be the igniter and they are a pain to change. Not to mention unfortunate on a new grill.

Latest Discussions