Pit boss Brunswick platinum Err code

Jeffrey68901

Reaction score
It seems when I have a purpose to use my smoker it loves to throw this code and turn itself off and when I don’t have a purpose ie burn off or checking to see if it will throw the code it won’t and heats up just fine but when I have a purpose it will toss the code every time. When I look in the manual it says it’s an igniter issue but videos I watch say it’s the temp probe so I’m confused here. Plan is to call pit boss on Monday to see what they suggest but didn’t know if anyone else has ran into this or not?

I'd call today, they might be open with the holiday if not tomorrow. Their open 7 days a week. 877 303 3134 option 2.

It seems when I have a purpose to use my smoker it loves to throw this code and turn itself off and when I don’t have a purpose ie burn off or checking to see if it will throw the code it won’t and heats up just fine but when I have a purpose it will toss the code every time. When I look in the manual it says it’s an igniter issue but videos I watch say it’s the temp probe so I’m confused here. Plan is to call pit boss on Monday to see what they suggest but didn’t know if anyone else has ran into this or not?
I have got that code 3 out of the last 4 cooks. It was cold out idk if that was the problem I also cleaned the probe for the temp sensor and also took out my heat deflector mod that was by the probe to keep the hot air from being forced onto it. After that it seems to run better but I have to wait till it gets in the 20s again it was 37 yesterday when I started it. It seems to smoke better with that mod out also. I was thinking maybe the cold weather and the air not hitting the probe as designed was doing something weird. In ur case maybe clean probe and have you tried to restart it after it went out. I had to do it a couple times a week or so ago. My code was ER1 I believe. I have the 1150 so idk if that really matters.

I have got that code 3 out of the last 4 cooks. It was cold out idk if that was the problem I also cleaned the probe for the temp sensor and also took out my heat deflector mod that was by the probe to keep the hot air from being forced onto it. After that it seems to run better but I have to wait till it gets in the 20s again it was 37 yesterday when I started it. It seems to smoke better with that mod out also. I was thinking maybe the cold weather and the air not hitting the probe as designed was doing something weird. In ur case maybe clean probe and have you tried to restart it after it went out. I had to do it a couple times a week or so ago. My code was ER1 I believe. I have the 1150 so idk if that really matters.
I haven’t cleaned the probe yet I’m going to after I talk to them I forgot to mention on my first smoke we had a fire in the auger back to the hopper and I’m wondering if some wires may have gotten fried it does ignite but after a certain temp or time period it cuts out wide just reminded me about the fire

I haven’t cleaned the probe yet I’m going to after I talk to them I forgot to mention on my first smoke we had a fire in the auger back to the hopper and I’m wondering if some wires may have gotten fried it does ignite but after a certain temp or time period it cuts out wide just reminded me about the fire
Yeah I’d call them then and see what they say. Hope they can figure something out for you.

I replaced the cord that had no ground, and mine started working

Yeah I’d call them then and see what they say. Hope they can figure something out for you.
I'm having issues With my pitbulls platinum Brunswick lights up lots of runs starts getting up to temp and then throws err for ignitor I've replaced ignitor and control board still throwing code need help have gender reveal Saturday the 1st and need to have it working I've tried cleaning everything and checked wires I'm at my wits end on this help!!!!!!!

Err Code, tried a new control panel, didn't help, waiting on a new temp prob, been on back order for a month so I bought one on Amazon and changed the connectors, still getting the code. Something in Dano2380 post, you replaced the cord. Mine came out of the box with a broken ground plug, I just ignored it. Maybe that is what is throwing the Err code?

I would go back through and make sure all of your connections are tight. You definitely have to have a good ground to work properly.
Plug it directly into a plug and not a extension cord
Hopefully this will solve your issue 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Latest Discussions

Back