Pit Boss App

Yeah it looked like they were really starting to improve the app and then the updates have stopped, so not sure but yep mine says three as well and I even get notifications about my grill when it’s not even on or plugged in so really not sure what the heck that is about but right now it’s pretty much unusable… hopefully they get it fixed
I don’t get sound notifications like before either when my grill or probe reach the desired temp I get a badge to flash on my phone but no sound so unless I’m starring at the phone notifications don’t help me, for iPhone do you all get sound notifications?

Does anyone else have this problem, the badge number never goes away Over the icon on the app icon on my iPhone. Only way is to go into settings and turn off badges. It always has the number 3 over it. I have called and email the terrible customer service people at the pit boss app and they never respond. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and it comes right back, I have the latest version as well. Any suggestions?

I also don’t get sound notifications either, and yes all my sound notifications are on. And again the terrible customer service with the app says they will get back to me and never do.
Mine does not show the red 3. It doesn’t make noise either, which is why I also use another probe with remote receiver. I want it to wake me up for those long, through the night smokes. The app seems to work fine for me other than no sound. I haven’t used it since I changed my phone, so my story could change. We shall see.

I don’t get sound notifications like before either when my grill or probe reach the desired temp I get a badge to flash on my phone but no sound so unless I’m starring at the phone notifications don’t help me, for iPhone do you all get sound notifications?
Yeah but like I said they will pop up even on the apple watch when I;m not using the grill and nothing is even plugged into power so I don't trust much with it....

Yeah but like I said they will pop up even on the apple watch when I;m not using the grill and nothing is even plugged into power so I don't trust much with it....
And what’s funny is on iPhone I see there are updates and they say bug fixes wouldn’t a badge over icon that doesn’t go away and no notification sound and what you all have reported be considered bug fixes…lol

There was an update yesterday but the numbers over the icon are still there we shall see about the phantom notices, etc.

when you clear your notifications doesn't it clear these off too?
when I used to use the app mine did

on android you swipe your screen down and hit clear,
all notifications get cleared
Same with iphone swipe down and clear notifications. Mine don’t show the numbers by the app. I also have no sound but I do get notifications of my grill temp when it’s not plugged in also.

Oh yeah I thought you meant in the app no clearing the notifications does nothing

Also works well on my Android phone along with my 850 pro. It was relatively easy to setup too but I've slept a few times since then.

Does anyone else have this problem, the badge number never goes away Over the icon on the app icon on my iPhone. Only way is to go into settings and turn off badges. It always has the number 3 over it. I have called and email the terrible customer service people at the pit boss app and they never respond. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and it comes right back, I have the latest version as well. Any suggestions?

I also don’t get sound notifications either, and yes all my sound notifications are on. And again the terrible customer service with the app says they will get back to me and never do.
Holy crap they finally fixed the 3 badge never going away on the icon I can't believe they actually fixed something on the APP now if they can figure out a way to have a sound alarm when a temp is reached that would be great.

Yeah it looked like they were really starting to improve the app and then the updates have stopped, so not sure but yep mine says three as well and I even get notifications about my grill when it’s not even on or plugged in so really not sure what the heck that is about but right now it’s pretty much unusable… hopefully they get it fixed
Used the new app for the 1st time the other day and was notified that my grill was off but it was still running normally. A little finicky but otherwise seems to work okay.

Does anyone have a clue when the pit boss app will be up and going again?

Latest Discussions

Back