Pit Boss App

Kp33

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem, the badge number never goes away Over the icon on the app icon on my iPhone. Only way is to go into settings and turn off badges. It always has the number 3 over it. I have called and email the terrible customer service people at the pit boss app and they never respond. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and it comes right back, I have the latest version as well. Any suggestions?

I also don’t get sound notifications either, and yes all my sound notifications are on. And again the terrible customer service with the app says they will get back to me and never do.

Does anyone else have this problem, the badge number never goes away Over the icon on the app icon on my iPhone. Only way is to go into settings and turn off badges. It always has the number 3 over it. I have called and email the terrible customer service people at the pit boss app and they never respond. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and it comes right back, I have the latest version as well. Any suggestions?

I also don’t get sound notifications either, and yes all my sound notifications are on. And again the terrible customer service with the app says they will get back to me and never do.
Here’s a pic of what I’m talking about, it’s the only app on my phone that doesn’t go away.

Attachments

• 0EB91D89-D0CF-44D1-A645-673EBAF1910C.jpeg
    0EB91D89-D0CF-44D1-A645-673EBAF1910C.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Welcome to the 3 notification group. I gave up a long time ago getting this POS app to work right. I use external prod unit

Welcome to the 3 notification group. I gave up a long time ago getting this POS app to work right. I use external prod unit
For me the APP works besides the badge icon and no sound notifications. I am able to adjust and view temps from my phone. So the 3 badge icon is nothing new is what your saying.

For me the APP works besides the badge icon and no sound notifications. I am able to adjust and view temps from my phone. So the 3 badge icon is nothing new is what your saying.
Same here all other parts on the app work for me also. the numbers don't bother me.

Same here all other parts on the app work for me also. the numbers don't bother me.
Do you get sound notifications. I get the pop up on my phone but no sound and I used to.

Do you get sound notifications. I get the pop up on my phone but no sound and I used to.
I have used it once since it updated and I don't remember. I don't smoke a lot since the wife is not fond of smoked food.

I quit using the app since I got the updated controller a couple months ago. Last weekend when I was doing some ribs I heard the app make a notification, it said your grill has reached 180*, the grill was set to 230*, and the app was never turned on. I went out to the grill and noticed the temperature was at 179*, checked and the thing was set to smoke, I re-set the temp and went inside, got my phone and deleted that damn app!
The app somehow changed my grill settings, I don't think the app is worth having for me anyway, not if it is gonna override my settings without me even turning it on.

Here’s a pic of what I’m talking about, it’s the only app on my phone that doesn’t go away.
I have no idea about the badge number but I just had to say GO SOX!!! love the wallpaper

The app is a big disappointment. I struggled to get the new and old one to sync to my 1150. Once I did it kept changing my temps. In my case it was raising temps. I had the grill running in smoke mode (180) left to run some errands. First stop I checked app to see what temps were it was showing 295° ? Called wife and asked her to go look and it was at 300 by then. Had her open lid to cool and set it back to smoke. Watched temp drop and thought it might be a fluke. 30 min later I checked again and the temps were climbing again past 250 and setting on grill still showed S this time but apps showed 350 set point.
That's when I uninstalled and ordered a Inkbird to monitor temps at least I know it won't change my temp settings.

The app is a big disappointment. I struggled to get the new and old one to sync to my 1150. Once I did it kept changing my temps. In my case it was raising temps. I had the grill running in smoke mode (180) left to run some errands. First stop I checked app to see what temps were it was showing 295° ? Called wife and asked her to go look and it was at 300 by then. Had her open lid to cool and set it back to smoke. Watched temp drop and thought it might be a fluke. 30 min later I checked again and the temps were climbing again past 250 and setting on grill still showed S this time but apps showed 350 set point.
That's when I uninstalled and ordered a Inkbird to monitor temps at least I know it won't change my temp settings.
I had the same issue as you did, I was doing a sirloin tip and wife wanted to go to Walmart to pick up some stuff, whiles waiting for her I decided to check the app and noticed it was on H, I definitely left it on smoke and the only thing I did differently was set the probe to 135 there are so many issues with the app that it's ridiculous, had a tregear before and not one issue, even the smoker would update the grill through wifi, pitboss you have to install new controllers which for a multi million dollar company doesn't make sense and the app itself is another story, hope thing work out for you as pitboss is sending out a new controller when its available.

I have the same 3 icon, I just thought it was a glitch with my phone as some other apps sometimes do the same Thing.

Yeah it looked like they were really starting to improve the app and then the updates have stopped, so not sure but yep mine says three as well and I even get notifications about my grill when it’s not even on or plugged in so really not sure what the heck that is about but right now it’s pretty much unusable… hopefully they get it fixed

Latest Discussions

Back