Pit Boss 820D3 Help!!

Grillman56

Reaction score
I purchased a Pit Boss 820D3 but I cannot find anything about this grill online anywhere. Not even on Pit Boss’s website. I would like to hear others thoughts and comments about this grill.

Where did you buy it? If we know that, maybe we can do some searches.

Did you get it from Academy Sports+Outdoors?

Where did you buy it? If we know that, maybe we can do some searches.

Did you get it from Academy Sports+Outdoors?
Yes I got it from Academy. This is the link for it.

I purchased a Pit Boss 820D3 but I cannot find anything about this grill online anywhere. Not even on Pit Boss’s website. I would like to hear others thoughts and comments about this grill.

Basically looks like my PB820D2. What would you like to know about it?

Just your thoughts about it. Stuff you like about it, stuff you don’t, etc

I love mine. Have grilled and smoked many things. Everything has turned out great. Very simple to use. I don't really have any complaints. It don't have as strong a smoke flavor as I am used to. Think that can be enhanced with the use of a smoke tube. I would recommend this grill/smoker to anyone.

It is trial and error on these as what I learn from these grills. I have the Pro Series 1100 so when it comes to smoking does great and I get different results on smoke from different brands of pellets. Once I changed out the Pit Boss controller to a Savnnah Stoker PID controller that is where I get the smoke flavor any brand of pellets

I love mine. Have grilled and smoked many things. Everything has turned out great. Very simple to use. I don't really have any complaints. It don't have as strong a smoke flavor as I am used to. Think that can be enhanced with the use of a smoke tube. I would recommend this grill/smoker to anyone.
Awesome thank you! I am currently in hour 14 of my first brisket. I put it on last night and when internal temp got to 150 I wrapped in butcher paper. I am excited about it. This is my first cook on it. I have been doing research on different grills for awhile now to find the “right” pellet grill for me. When I came across this one at academy I had to get it. Had everything I wanted on it within my price range. I just found it crazy that I couldn’t find any information or reviews about the grill anywhere, not even on Pit Boss’s website.

It came out great! I was nervous because it was my first cook but it was awesome. Here are a few pictures of the finished product. Let me know how it looks.
7D14267D-853A-4906-AA92-1D31E70C9549.jpeg
198CF7F6-59E0-4E84-98F4-B32BE9CB8EBB.jpeg
8987C634-6919-4A4C-A496-7110A063DEFA.jpeg

I am about throw some St. Louis Baby Back ribs on the smoker in an hour.

Latest Discussions

Back