Pit Boss 7

headviking

Reaction score
New to smokers. I just purchased a Pit Boss 7 series. I did the all the start ups and primes to get it going for my first smoke. I have a question. On the first plug in the displays, my model and the display goes blank. After I press the power button I hear a fan going. Then when I press and hold the power button the fan still runs. Is this normal?

Thanks

Then when I press and hold the power button the fan still runs. Is this normal?
This is assuming I understand your situation. When the unit is running, and you turn off the power button, the unit continues to run for a bit in "shut down mode". This is normal to burn off remaining pellets. You do not want to unplug the unit until shutdown is complete.

New to smokers. I just purchased a Pit Boss 7 series. I did the all the start ups and primes to get it going for my first smoke. I have a question. On the first plug in the displays, my model and the display goes blank. After I press the power button I hear a fan going. Then when I press and hold the power button the fan still runs. Is this normal?

Thanks
Welcome! I don't have a series 7 but that sounds normal. When you press and hold the power button to turn the smoker off it goes into a cool down cycle so the fan will run until that is complete.

Much appreciated. This is exactly what my concern was. Now I can sleep easy knowing that my Smoker is working correctly.
Ribs, Chicken wings, Roast, Salmon, ................................... here I come.
I'll upload a picture of my first smoke real soon.

Thanks.

Back