Pit Boss 1600 controller update

ANT0407

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my 1600 reaching 300 and holding Temps. I just contacted Danson support and they are sending me a new temp probe for the inside of my chamber and.......................here's the part im excited about. They are sending me a shipping label to send my controller in to be flashed with an update. This should fix my temp problems I hope. It is also going to add the 10 degree increments to my 1600. He said that its 2 days travel each way to ship it and 1 day to flash it, so 5 days total. Just wanted to share the news about the controller update with 1600 owners.

Once you get the controller update it should fix your temp issue, Mine is pretty rock solid right now, initially it would take over 90 minutes to get to 350 and I would have to overshoot to get it to get to 350, the update fixed it for me. It is pretty rock solid now.

I hope it fixes it, glad to hear your happy with the update

Very first post. Just got my 1600 home today. 2.5 hours to get to 300 degrees. Guess I am calling customer service tomorrow morning.

Please update this post when you get new controller. Interested to see if it works. I've got 30 days to take it back to Lowes. Hoping I don't have to.

Ok will update the post as soon as I get it back. I am waiting for the shipping label to come. Hopefully I get it tomorrow.

Hey you might want to give them a call again, they emailed me mine right away
I did, they said it could take up to 72 hours so I'm going to call again tomorrow. Thanks. I just hope they actually send it

Finally got the label but it took 3 calls to Danson's to finally get it

Do you have the 10 degree increments now? I cant wait to have rock solid Temps and have more options for the lower Temps. Thanks for your input and replies.

Do you have the 10 degree increments now? I cant wait to have rock solid Temps and have more options for the lower Temps. Thanks for your input and replies.
Yes I do, 10 degrees , then at 300 it first to 25 degrees, but hen 400 it is 50.

And it heats faster, more smoke and the app interface works a lot better.

What is your estimate of "a lot faster"

I called PB this morning and was told 40 minutes to 300 is typical. I decided I'd take it back to lowes.

With this new info I am thinking I might try the PID update instead.

I really don't want to give up on the 1600 if you are having success. The racks, light, gaskets, easy firebox clean out, double wall construction are just too damn cool to pass up.

Sorry if this is kind of a hijack. Same topic though so cut me some slack. :)

What is your estimate of "a lot faster"

I called PB this morning and was told 40 minutes to 300 is typical. I decided I'd take it back to lowes.

With this new info I am thinking I might try the PID update instead.

I really don't want to give up on the 1600 if you are having success. The racks, light, gaskets, easy firebox clean out, double wall construction are just too damn cool to pass up.

Sorry if this is kind of a hijack. Same topic though so cut me some slack. :)
To get to 350 now about 20 - 25 minutes, 400 was maybe 30 at the most, it also spring temps so cooler.

Also one thing to think about the 1600 is one of the largest grills for that price.

One trick would be to set at a higher temp to get to 400 faster.

I had an 1100 that I loved, I was worried that I might have made a mistake but once I had the update man I make up reasons to smoke something now. All the reasons you list are worth it especially the ash clean out.

Latest Discussions

Back