Pit Boss 1150 Smoke IT app issues

Benny Garrard

Reaction score
First off I love my new pit it is the absolute best. But the Smoke IT app is giving all kinds of issues. First off I can not set temp from my phone. After a minute or two, it goes right back to the original temp. I was hoping to be able to turn my pit on from my phone but does not work either. I assume this might be a safety issue. Lastly, I cant seem to turn the pit off from my phone it says it is off but when go look at it, it is still roaring and has not entered the shutdown mode. Anyone else having these issues.

This app is arguably the worst one I have ever used. I love the KC Combo and use it all the time. It smokes well and the griddle top on the grill side is great too. Had I researched the app issues a little more, I might have gone a different way.

The pit so great I would not have changed my decision to purchase it. However, I would like to use it to its full capacity.

First off I love my new pit it is the absolute best. But the Smoke IT app is giving all kinds of issues. First off I can not set temp from my phone. After a minute or two, it goes right back to the original temp. I was hoping to be able to turn my pit on from my phone but does not work either. I assume this might be a safety issue. Lastly, I cant seem to turn the pit off from my phone it says it is off but when go look at it, it is still roaring and has not entered the shutdown mode. Anyone else having these issues.
I have the Pro 850 and same issues with the app, it's frustrating and takes the benefits of this grill way down. I heard on this forum other people have received a new controller from PB. I plan to call their support line for the app: 888-503-8702

if the app was able to turn on your grill, you might butt dial it on and have a major problem.
I am sure that is a safety feature to not be able to turn the grill on with the app.

if the app was able to turn on your grill, you might butt dial it on and have a major problem.
I am sure that is a safety feature to not be able to turn the grill on with the app.
Its VERY clear that the app wont let you turn the pit on - a very good thing I get that. My post was incorrectly written with the words turn on and not turn off. I appreciate you're catching that. With a 5year old wondering around my property, I surely dont need a grill running because of pocket dial yikes LOL

The app did not work for me with my first controller.
It worked great with the second controller.
It also works with my third controller. but the app is almost useless for me anyway, I don't like the recipe function (had a problem with it turning off my grill) the other functions work but I find that I don't need it that bad, I am always around the grill.
I shipped my second controller today back to them for re-programming, (10 degree increments) we will see how that goes.
I heard that with a re-programmed controller the app still keeps the same old temperature settings, so they might have issues.
Maybe one day they will update the app to match the updated controllers.

The Only use I've found for the App so far is just being able to Monitor the Grill Temps and the Meat Probe Temps. For that it works just fine, however for anything else it's kind of useless.

Hopefully they will update the App to match the 10 degree increments and maybe then it will be more useful, but so far, NO, just NO....

The app is awful. Connection really works only if connected via Bluetooth. I can set up the meat temp alert for both probes (PB1100SP1 with new wifi-Bluetooth). When switching to iPhone homepage or to a different app the probe temp alerts are reset to nothing. Also, alerts stay there forever until I use it again. I changed the controller to have it controllable via app, but the app made the upgrade totally unworthy.

New SMOKE iT app comes out August 1st!! <))))><

The app is awful. Connection really works only if connected via Bluetooth. I can set up the meat temp alert for both probes (PB1100SP1 with new wifi-Bluetooth). When switching to iPhone homepage or to a different app the probe temp alerts are reset to nothing. Also, alerts stay there forever until I use it again. I changed the controller to have it controllable via app, but the app made the upgrade totally unworthy.
New SMOKE iT app coming out August 1st!! <))))><

The Only use I've found for the App so far is just being able to Monitor the Grill Temps and the Meat Probe Temps. For that it works just fine, however for anything else it's kind of useless.

Hopefully they will update the App to match the 10 degree increments and maybe then it will be more useful, but so far, NO, just NO....
New SMOKE iT app coming out August 1st! <))))><

New SMOKE iT app comes out August 1st!! <))))><

Latest Discussions

Back