Picked up a platinum laredo 1000

I don't have much faith in their customer service. According to instructions you leave it at 5 until it gets to 160 and then you set temp. Depending on temp this could take a while. I put pellets in burn cup before I turn it on and it gets up a little faster. The one I have produces no smoke above 160. I will smoke a turkey thanksgiving on my master built electric at 235. The reason I bought the pit boss was my master built was broke. After the 2nd cook on pit boss I ordered the parts to fix my master built. I will put that against a pit boss any day. Don't miss your window of return like I did, if you want smoke get a smoke tube or smoke generator. Good luck.

I turned my laredo 1000 into a smoker. I went to lowes and bought some pipe and fittings and made a smoke generator. At any temp I get smoke. This grill would not smoke at any temp. It took about 30 mins to build the generator. I should not have had to do that. I fell for the false ads from pit boss. But from talking to people all the grill manufacturers stretch's the truth. I will probably use wood chips for smoke and cheap pellets for heat.

I was wondering what is the amount of time for return window? I had problems with Laredo since 1st smoke. Waiting for temp probe and igniter to be sent from Pit Boss. Already replaced main control brd. If these parts don't fix it, I am going to return it to them.

Latest Discussions

Back