Pellets

Kp33

Reaction score
Are pit boss pellets 100% the flavor it says on bag. I know Academy sports carries B & B and they say they are oak with whatever flavor is on bag...so for example their cherry flavor is oak with cherry so not 100% cherry.

Last edited:
most pellets out there are blended with oak and alder wood.

I just order Black Cherry, Apple Mash and Hickory on Froday on which I saw this guy using them in a BBQ show on TV which he says is 100%.

Ok so even the pit boss pellets at lowes are not 100% the flavor they say they are? They have alder or oak blended in?

You mean only what they say so cherry is 100% cherry with no oak.

Pit Boss uses 100% hardwood. There 20lb bags of Apple, Mesquite, and Hickory are 100% natural. The Cherry Blend uses Apple wood in it.

I am not sure that they do not Blend in Oak and Alder in the 40lb Blend bags, but it will say on the bag.

Pit Boss uses 100% hardwood. There 20lb bags of Apple, Mesquite, and Hickory are 100% natural. The Cherry Blend uses Apple wood in it.

I am not sure that they do not Blend in Oak and Alder in the 40lb Blend bags, but it will say on the bag.

When you say natural are you saying the hickory is just hickory and the apple is just apple with no other woods in them? Thiught you said earlier they all have oak or alder.

When you say natural are you saying the hickory is just hickory and the apple is just apple with no other woods in them? Thiught you said earlier they all have oak or alder.

Sorry I thought we were talking about Pellets in general.

I do know that the 20lb bags of Pit Boss are 100% natural. Now the Pit Boss Blends say 100% hardwood then are 100% hardwood no softwood like Alder is it. Just read the bags of the pellets it will tell you.

I do not use Pit Boss Pellets I use other brands Like B&B Pellets do not use softwoods like Alder in it. If you worried about alder just use a pellet that says 100% Natural Hardwood.

TBH B&B Pellets are better than Pit Boss pellets.

Sorry I thought we were talking about Pellets in general.

I do know that the 20lb bags of Pit Boss are 100% natural. Now the Pit Boss Blends say 100% hardwood then are 100% hardwood no softwood like Alder is it. Just read the bags of the pellets it will tell you.

I do not use Pit Boss Pellets I use other brands Like B&B Pellets do not use softwoods like Alder in it. If you worried about alder just use a pellet that says 100% Natural Hardwood.

TBH B&B Pellets are better than Pit Boss pellets.

So for pit boss when you say 100% natural if its cherry or apple that's all thats in it? No other wood?

So for pit boss when you say 100% natural if its cherry or apple that's all thats in it? No other wood?

Pit Boss does not carry a 100% Natural Cherry. Just 100% Apple, Hickory, and Mesquite are 100% Natural with no other wood in it. They sell them in 20lb bags.

Pit Boss does not carry a 100% Natural Cherry. Just 100% Apple, Hickory, and Mesquite are 100% Natural with no other wood in it. They sell them in 20lb bags.

Got ya ok..so pit boss flavors are only what is on the bag.....so for example hickory is all hickory no other wood like B&B, so pit boss has a fruit blend which is apple cherry and maple so assuming those are the only woods in that one?

Got ya ok..so pit boss flavors are only what is on the bag.....so for example hickory is all hickory no other wood like B&B, so pit boss has a fruit blend which is apple cherry and maple so assuming those are the only woods in that one?

Yes and B&B is 100% natural they do not add softwood like alder to there pellets.

Yes and B&B is 100% natural they do not add softwood like alder to there pellets.

Ok thanks but I saw a video that said b&b is oak and the flavor on the bag so not 100% the flavor on the bag.

Ok thanks but I saw a video that said b&b is oak and the flavor on the bag so not 100% the flavor on the bag.

that is correct B&B is Made from 100% natural hard wood and fruit (2/3 Oak & 1/3 of the flavor wood indicated on the bag ,No Scrap Wood, Contains No Bark ,No Artificial Flavors/Smoke,Contains No Alder or Soft Wood Used, and Real Wood Flavor.

If you want 100% Cherry wood only, 100% Apple wood only or 100% Hickory only google it and you will find pellets to buy that are 100%.

that is correct B&B is Made from 100% natural hard wood and fruit (2/3 Oak & 1/3 of the flavor wood indicated on the bag ,No Scrap Wood, Contains No Bark ,No Artificial Flavors/Smoke,Contains No Alder or Soft Wood Used, and Real Wood Flavor.

If you want 100% Cherry wood only, 100% Apple wood only or 100% Hickory only google it and you will find pellets to buy that are 100%.

Got ya thanks for all the info.

Latest Discussions

Back