Pellets not getting fed into grill

Soto73

Reaction score
So I am a new pit boss owner I have had my pit boss platinum series for a little over a month and my first two cooks went great but when I tried starting it up on my third cook I noticed the temps weren’t going up so I checked it I hit the prime button and when trying to feed pellets into grill I heard a creaking noise as if it was struggling with filling the burn bowl . Can someone tell me what’s going on and how to fix .? thank you

Try to get a short screw driver and clear out the dispenser from above the auger not in thr pellet bin. Sometimes they get stuck.

Thank you . Is there anything I can do when shutting off that can prevent it from keep happening

My suggestion is just always make sure you clean up in that area. Use a shop vac to pick up all the ash in tray and surrounding area. This can prevent backup of pellets.

Did your issue get fixed? I had a problem last year where my auger was not turning but I could hear the motor running. I took it apart and found that the screw/nut that attaches the motor to the auger fell out. That could be your problem as well, here is a video I made of my issue:

Thank you I will try this tomorrow when I get off of work and post the results

Latest Discussions

Back