Pellet Storage

Qwikstik

Reaction score
What kind of containers is everyone using to store their 20 lb. bags of pellets in? Only thing I"ve found decent is a Kingsford one for charcoal that has a waterproof snap lid on it so you can store them outside.. About 15 bucks. I understand humidity has a bad effect on pellets.

What kind of containers is everyone using to store their 20 lb. bags of pellets in? Only thing I"ve found decent is a Kingsford one for charcoal that has a waterproof snap lid on it so you can store them outside.. About 15 bucks. I understand humidity has a bad effect on pellets.
I use 5 gallon Pickle Buckets. Comes with a water tight lid. You get them at Firehouse Subs for a donation of $3.

I purchased mine at rona hardware for 3 bucks each...snap on lids are extra but still way cheap. Lids snap on hard and no moisture can get inside...

I use this 40 lb dog food container that gets mounted on the wall in the garage. Works fantastic...if you have wall space.

1613596658395.png

If you have a Jersey Mike's around try asking the manager to save them for you. After buying a sandwich of course... 😉

I just use the Homer buckets from Home Depot, I keep the pellets in the bag and twist it up with a wire tie and put them in the buckets with lids on.
You can get o-ring seals for these buckets if you really think you need the extra sealing but mine are indoors so not that worried.
Also I removed the grate in the hopper so I can move pellets around easily and I use a cool perforated scoop to fill and remove the pellets from the hopper, it's easier that the back door thing for draining the pellets. Plus you can sift out the dust when adding pellets to the hopper.
20210130_151415.jpg

I just use the Homer buckets from Home Depot, I keep the pellets in the bag and twist it up with a wire tie and put them in the buckets with lids on.
You can get o-ring seals for these buckets if you really think you need the extra sealing but mine are indoors so not that worried.
Also I removed the grate in the hopper so I can move pellets around easily and I use a cool perforated scoop to fill and remove the pellets from the hopper, it's easier that the back door thing for draining the pellets. Plus you can sift out the dust when adding pellets to the hopper.View attachment 834
Now I know what that guard is really for. Just looking at that picture, if my cat got into the garage... 😁

Latest Discussions

Back