Pellet Rookie starting with a PB1600.

Phraint

Reaction score
Hello, I come from 30 years of stick burning.
Brisket, pork butt, ribs and chicken.

Mr friends have all gone to pellets and since my trusty Bandera had given up the ghost, I figured I would go ahead and dive in.

I did a lot of research and decided on the PB1600. I got mine yesterday. I'm hoping for a new "trusty" unit.

Hello, I come from 30 years of stick burning.
Brisket, pork butt, ribs and chicken.

Mr friends have all gone to pellets and since my trusty Bandera had given up the ghost, I figured I would go ahead and dive in.

I did a lot of research and decided on the PB1600. I got mine yesterday. I'm hoping for a new "trusty" unit.
Well, after a bit of an unfortunate misunderstanding on my part, I think I have it going down the right path.

I was under the impression, (from the manual) that the beast was supposed to be preset to preheat to 350F. After happily watching the temp climb, my heart dropped as it stopped at 180F and sat there for 30 minutes.

After smoking a beer and drinking something else, I channeled my granddaddy (who had the patience of Job) and committed for a bit. I watch the video (starting) at 5:45 as suggested and was inspired to check the set temp. Low and behold, it was 180! I quickly set the temp to 350F and within 25 minutes, I am staring at 350F. It has been 30 minutes since the magic number was reached and I have seen no fluctuations. Fingers crossed!

Latest Discussions

Back