PBV4PS2

How old is the smoker? Is the fire being established? Is the temperature sensor clean? All else fails reach out to customer support, under 5 years old is under warranty.

How old is the smoker? Is the fire being established? Is the temperature sensor clean? All else fails reach out to customer support, under 5 years old is under warranty.
No idea. Appears I would need to pay for shipping $$$. Not worth my time.

Maybe gut the electronics and mount a firebox on the side. Or just buy a real stick burner and call it a day.

Maybe gut the electronics and mount a firebox on the side. Or just buy a real stick burner and call it a day.
I have ro wonder how many units get sold that work vs ones that fail.
My 7 rear old Masterbuilt seemed bullet proof, no problems. I put an extension on the pellet hopper that tripled its size so it could run on long cooks. My GMG is 5 years old other than two shear pins on the auger it has been reliable. My Pitt Boss PBV5 COMP was purchased in April this year. I do not like the app but today was misty rainy and 55*F, I cooked 2 chickens at 250* for about 2.5 hours then cranked it to 350* until skinbwas done, NP!
I am sorry to hear of all the short comings on here. But stick burners still rock!

Attachments

• 20221029_131810.jpg
    20221029_131810.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 18
I would check the igniters and the feed or put it up for sale cheap im sure someone can fix it with some time

Smoker will not heat up. Any thoughts? Or should I take it to the Dump.
First thing is that you have to figure out what isn't working.

Go through basic trouble shooting:

Does it light up when you turn it on?
Does the fan come on?
Does it have pellets?
Do pellets flow when you push prime button?
If you put a handful of pellets in the hopper and start it, do they smoke?
etc.

It may take some time, but the problems are usually pretty simple to fix, once you identify them.

BTW - I live in the SF Bay area - it you are local, I would be happy to take it off your hands if you decide to junk it (we have a bunch of PB and Louisiana verticals and can always use another, even if only for parts)

Latest Discussions

Back