Pbv4ps2 increase the smoke ring?

You can smoke at a lower temp for a longer time and/or add a smoke tube.
Brand of pellets will make a difference also.

In addition to other comments, I have heard that if the meat is colder (right out of the fridge) it will have a better smoke ring. Personally I would rather season and let it sweat a bit, so I don't know from personal experience.

smoke ring aside does it have the smoke flavor you are looking for. I have cooked thousands of pounds of BBQ every cut of meat is different even brisket to brisket from the same case.
Most of time meats were put in the smoker right after prepping. (cold) Wood i think will make all of the difference. Can't say i have gotten the same smoke flavor from my pellet smoker but i am trying. Have some ribs on, using pecan pellets and the only mod i have done is a gasket around the opening of the smoke chamber that seems to help keep the heat and smoke moving in the right direction.

I use charcoal pellets at around 4:1 reg:charcoal. Nice smoke ring.

What effect does screwing the vent cap up? If i screw the vent cap all the way down, what is suppksed to happen

It seems you get you smoke when the fuel is smoldering. That happens a bit at start up and then here and there throughout the cooking process. The fan pushes air/oxygen through the burn pot and gets the pellets blazing but then the smoke reduces.
That may be all OK depending on what your smoking. For me it’s fine for ribs and even brisket for example. I.e. longer cooks.
So I’m thinking for shorter cooks where more smoke is desired, the smoke tube is the solution to get your smoky flavor goal. Or if you are a fan of lots of smoky flavor then use the on longer cooks as well.

What effect does screwing the vent cap up? If i screw the vent cap all the way down, what is suppksed to happen
I have the vertical Austin xl and the instruction manual said screw it down for more smoke inside and screw it up for less. I just leave mine all the way down

Latest Discussions

Back