PBV4PS2 gasket doesn't seal fully

Zinkdoggydogg

Reaction score
I'm still new to pellet smokers, and have had my PBV4PS2 for 2 weeks now. Just noticed that the gasket/seal around the door doesn't "seal" at all. Anyone else have this problem? I have called customer service, just waiting on the return call

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 54
I had almost the same problem but it was only at the top, i shimmed the hinges up about an 8th inch or so and it solved my problem

I had almost the same problem but it was only at the top, i shimmed the hinges up about an 8th inch or so and it solved my problem
Thank you! I almost have to bend the hinges in order to complete the seal, but clearly don't want to do that

I have a copperhead series 3 and mine does the same thing in the top left corner. So far it hasn't affected any cooks so I don't think too much about it.

I have a copperhead series 3 and mine does the same thing in the top left corner. So far it hasn't affected any cooks so I don't think too much about it.
I have the space essentially all around the door and it's definitely affecting the temp. I'll say this, I spoke to customer support and they are sending me a new gasket, new latch AND new probe. Fingers crossed that this fixes the problem. If not, they said they'd send me a new door.

I'm still new to pellet smokers, and have had my PBV4PS2 for 2 weeks now. Just noticed that the gasket/seal around the door doesn't "seal" at all. Anyone else have this problem? I have called customer service, just waiting on the return call
This is my second one of these in 4 days. The first one had a faulty controller that wouldn't allow the temperature to be adjusted and the second unit doesn't seal properly. I even have smoke coming from some spots on the side and underneath for the first 10 minutes after startup. My gaps look like the ones pictured.

Did this ever get corrected?
20210928_202613.jpg

This is my second one of these in 4 days. The first one had a faulty controller that wouldn't allow the temperature to be adjusted and the second unit doesn't seal properly. I even have smoke coming from some spots on the side and underneath for the first 10 minutes after startup. My gaps look like the ones pictured.

Did this ever get corrected?View attachment 1791
They sent me the new gasket to install myself. It's not perfect, but it is working. There are still some gaps, but they don't seem to be affecting the cooks

I used lavalock gasket around the door to seal mine completely. I also used some of the high temp silicone to seal the top and bottom along the sides of the cabinet. I now have zero smoke coming from anywhere but the stack.

I used lavalock gasket around the door to seal mine completely. I also used some of the high temp silicone to seal the top and bottom along the sides of the cabinet. I now have zero smoke coming from anywhere but the stack.
Thanks for the confirmation! The high temp silicone arrived last night and the lavalock gasket is supposed to be here today. Hopefully this works as this control board has 10 degree temp increments vs 25/50.

Did you replace the existing gasket or just add the new gasket around the edge alongside the existing one?

Thanks for the confirmation! The high temp silicone arrived last night and the lavalock gasket is supposed to be here today. Hopefully this works as this control board has 10 degree temp increments vs 25/50.

Did you replace the existing gasket or just add the new gasket around the edge alongside the existing one?
The felt gasket I bought was self adhesive, so I did not use any glue. I added it to the door and ran it right alongside the outside of the existing rubber gasket. The thickness perfectly filled the gap between the door and the smoker.

The felt gasket I bought was self adhesive, so I did not use any glue. I added it to the door and ran it right alongside the outside of the existing rubber gasket. The thickness perfectly filled the gap between the door and the smoker.
Got it, thanks! Amazon didn't deliver today even though it was scheduled. Maybe tomorrow

I stuck it on so the edge of the lavalock was just resting on the original gasket in most places. I had to adjust the latch or else it wouldn't engage, and even now I have to guide the swing into place, I can't just flip the leaver down. It isn't a big deal, just something to be aware of. If you end up laying down the gasket next to the OEM oen and it fills your space, thats great. I think theres a lot of room to deploy different solutions.

I stuck it on so the edge of the lavalock was just resting on the original gasket in most places. I had to adjust the latch or else it wouldn't engage, and even now I have to guide the swing into place, I can't just flip the leaver down. It isn't a big deal, just something to be aware of. If you end up laying down the gasket next to the OEM oen and it fills your space, thats great. I think theres a lot of room to deploy different solutions.
The LavaLock Gasket worked perfectly. Absolutely no smoke is coming out through the front door. I was finally able to do my first smoke on it Wednesday and the pork butt turned out phenomenal. The smoker held its temperature perfectly. Thanks to all for the responses!

Latest Discussions

Back