PB1150PS2 New in box PID controller

aeroin

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have a new in box 1150Pro PID controller that Pitboss just sent me. I returned the grill about a month ago, however I guess their warranty department must have ordered me a replacement PID before the whole "firmware flashing send us in your controller thing" happened. Apparently replacement value is $108 (from shipping label). Shoot me a reasonable offer if someone wants an extra / wants to try it in their grill.

(I'm not sure what firmware this has on it, I can't check since I don't have a Pitboss anymore.)

If Pit Boss PID controller value is $108 no wonder why they are crap so in reality the true value is probably $40. LOL

When did you receive the new Pid controller? If it was recently there’s a chance it has the updated firmware.

Maybe I can send it over the @GeekChef to take apart for schematics and modding or something!
Will be happy to do that for the group and post all my findings....I will even test it on my Series 4 V2 to see if it works any better. Let me know if you want to do that and I will send you my mailing address. Am good either way....smoke on!

Will be happy to do that for the group and post all my findings....I will even test it on my Series 4 V2 to see if it works any better. Let me know if you want to do that and I will send you my mailing address. Am good either way....smoke on!
That would interesting as I also have a 4 V2.

I think that getting it to GeekChef is a great idea. I’d love to know exactly what is under the hood and if the firmware in the ESP32 can be read as a backup so some experimentation can begin. I’d love to experiment, but don’t want to risk damaging the original.

Maybe I can send it over the @GeekChef to take apart for schematics and modding or something!
Was this one flashed with the latest firmware with the 10 deg increments...? Would be nice to know if it was, as they fixed the input temperature lag as well....according to videos on YouTube....it updates so much quicker. If you decide to not sell it and it has the updated firmware....I would help pay shipping to test it out.

As well...this weekend, or maybe early next week....I have purchased the proper Molex/ST connectors to connect up my spare RecTec Wifi controller to my Series4 V2 smoker. I am doing this to see how it runs on the vertical. I know the update rate on the input is Much Faster...and the Gain is much much higher on the PID.....as well....you can Offset the RTD measurement to match the center grate temperature via the front panel.

Was this one flashed with the latest firmware with the 10 deg increments...? Would be nice to know if it was, as they fixed the input temperature lag as well....according to videos on YouTube....it updates so much quicker. If you decide to not sell it and it has the updated firmware....I would help pay shipping to test it out.

As well...this weekend, or maybe early next week....I have purchased the proper Molex/ST connectors to connect up my spare RecTec Wifi controller to my Series4 V2 smoker. I am doing this to see how it runs on the vertical. I know the update rate on the input is Much Faster...and the Gain is much much higher on the PID.....as well....you can Offset the RTD measurement to match the center grate temperature via the front panel.

Yeah as stated in my first post, no idea what firmware this thing has on it. I returned my PB to Lowes and got a CampChef. I'll send it your way for testing. Once your done, feel free to pay it forward and send it onto the next forum member who desires to play with it lol

Yeah as stated in my first post, no idea what firmware this thing has on it. I returned my PB to Lowes and got a CampChef. I'll send it your way for testing. Once your done, feel free to pay it forward and send it onto the next forum member who desires to play with it lol
Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Hey folks,

I have a new in box 1150Pro PID controller that Pitboss just sent me. I returned the grill about a month ago, however I guess their warranty department must have ordered me a replacement PID before the whole "firmware flashing send us in your controller thing" happened. Apparently replacement value is $108 (from shipping label). Shoot me a reasonable offer if someone wants an extra / wants to try it in their grill.

(I'm not sure what firmware this has on it, I can't check since I don't have a Pitboss anymore.)
Did this ever sell

Latest Discussions

Back