PB 1100psc2 won’t hold temps below 300f

JakeM

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just got a pit boss combo unit PB1100Sc2. When I set my Temps to 250 or 225 it will not hold close to that. If set at 250 the temps will sit at 195 to 200. If set to 225 I float in the 170 range. If I turn the grill to 300 or higher it will hold. I try Turning the grill up to 300 and then setting it back down to 250. It will
Hold at 250 for a few minutes then it drops every second and very quickly. I see on the touch screen the auger icon come on for a split second and then turn off again. Do you think the auger should be running longer? Pit boss is sending a new temp probe and control unit but I don’t know if that is the issue. I don’t want to cook at 300 or I would use my oven. Please help..

Attachments

• FD06A9AC-A76F-45D2-86A6-CCE98749339E.jpeg
    FD06A9AC-A76F-45D2-86A6-CCE98749339E.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 59
Hey everyone, just got a pit boss combo unit PB1100Sc2. When I set my Temps to 250 or 225 it will not hold close to that. If set at 250 the temps will sit at 195 to 200. If set to 225 I float in the 170 range. If I turn the grill to 300 or higher it will hold. I try Turning the grill up to 300 and then setting it back down to 250. It will
Hold at 250 for a few minutes then it drops every second and very quickly. I see on the touch screen the auger icon come on for a split second and then turn off again. Do you think the auger should be running longer? Pit boss is sending a new temp probe and control unit but I don’t know if that is the issue. I don’t want to cook at 300 or I would use my oven. Please help..
Any update on this ?

Not yet. My parts are being shipped once I replace them I will let you know.
Awesome!!! Mine has issue with lower temps too. Are you opening the damper between the grill and the smoker side ? Did that last time and it seemed to help. Temp still ran a little low though.

I haven't been opening it but I will try that today. I Left it closed thinking I would loose heat.

If you set yours to 250F where do your temps normally sit?

I haven't been opening it but I will try that today. I Left it closed thinking I would loose heat.

If you set yours to 250F where do your temps normally sit?
Sit about 210 to 235 when set to 250 and that is according to the app. I put another thermometer in there and it said about 185.

Its doing pretty well the same thing as mine. Did you contact pit boss? They were really good to deal with and are sending me new parts.

I don't know if its the control unit or something else but its odd that it hold higher temps without a problem.

Its doing pretty well the same thing as mine. Did you contact pit boss? They were really good to deal with and are sending me new parts.

I don't know if its the control unit or something else but its odd that it hold higher temps without a problem.
Nope not yet. Thought maybe it was me not doing something properly.
How did you get hold of them to get the parts and all ?

Just tried to get to 250 and was taking forever. Cranked up to 300 and starts rising quickly. Turn back to 250 when temp display says 275 and it drops to 204. It’s time to do something about this.

I thought the same thing but when I Spoke to Pit boss service they told me I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Here is the number I used. 480-923-9630

I should see the parts in the next few days I got an email saying they were being shipped.

mine is doing same thing I’m set to 250
Right now and I’m at 213 and don’t go higher then 219.

I thought the same thing but when I Spoke to Pit boss service they told me I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Here is the number I used. 480-923-9630

I should see the parts in the next few days I got an email saying they were being shipped.

mine is doing same thing I’m set to 250
Right now and I’m at 213 and don’t go higher then 219.
Yeah set at 250 for the pork butt I am doing and won’t go higher than 240. I just cranked up to 300 and it holds that. I’ll just cook it to temperature and do it that way. I also did the online contact but I will call them Monday. Thank you for the number.

Thanks for this thread. I'm having the exact same problems with my 1100 Pro Series Combo. Set it to 250 and the grate temp holds around 210-215. Don't really want to set the grill to 300. Will try contacting Pit Boss, but based on the comments in this thread, I'm not optimistic that replacement parts will make a difference. Am guessing the problem is more in the location of the probe than the probe being inaccurate. If that's the case, can the probe be removed from it's current location and placed on the grill area?

Yeah set at 250 for the pork butt I am doing and won’t go higher than 240. I just cranked up to 300 and it holds that. I’ll just cook it to temperature and do it that way. I also did the online contact but I will call them Monday. Thank you for the number.
Got hold of pit boss and supposedly sending me a new temp probe ( the one on the left that tells internal barrel temp).

I contacted Pit Boss as well and they said they're sending me a new probe as well. We'll see if that makes a difference. Hope so! Has anyone else that has received a new probe found that it made an improvement?

Latest Discussions

Back